FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make-up - Cross Post

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne MarxMake-up - Cross Post
by on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:42:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a basic powder/make-up kit for on-camera interviews that can be easily applied to
reduce sweating, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Make-up - Cross Post
by on Jul 16, 2011 at 10:28:32 pm

My experience of makeup has been that unless you have training in how to apply it, using it makes things worse than none at all.

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Make-up - Cross Post
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:13:38 am

What mark says...

Plus, considering that humans come in a pretty astonishing range of skin tones - which vary depending on small things like how much time they've spent outdoors in any particular month - trying to do makeup with less than a decent pro makeup kit is an exercise in frustration.

Also, trust me you don't EVER want to get a call from Talent B that they've picked up some kind of transmittable infection because somebody screwed up and didn't know how to keep their makeup tools sanitary between actors. This is NOT home makeup. It's a business investment.

My 2 cents.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Make-up - Cross Post
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 1:40:21 pm

I keep a few shades of powder and generally only use it for people with shiny heads and noses. Use a new foam pad every time you need another dab. A very small amount can help with hot spots. But only if necessary and almost always with men only. 90% of women being interviewed are already wearing makeup in my experience.
Mike Cohen
Ps. Replace makeup every 6 months or sooner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved