FORUMS: list search recent posts

Attention wedding videographers

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob FourchalkAttention wedding videographers
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:13:22 pm

Just a quick question on capturing footage from weddings. Do most of you batch capture only desirable shots from wedding footage or do most capture all footage (I use FCP) and then modify clips and organize.

I'm sure its different for everyone and hard drive capacity would be an issue for some but I'm thinking that capture all would give me the options to go back on something I may have initially not wanted as a clip. On the other hand not sure how efficient of a workflow this would create.

PS - anyone working with the new FCP X and finding it effective for editing weddings.

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: Attention wedding videographers
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:38:25 am

Since I'm usually backloged6-8 weddings, I log and transfer all of my footage. It's faster then nit picking the footage. The more you shoot, the better you'll manage your shots, so you won't have a lot of wasted shots.

No plans on upgrading to FCP X. My system is 4 years old and works great. Until I buy a new computer, I won't be upgrading my software anytime soon. I have Adobe Production Suite 5 as my updated software.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
Video Marketing

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Rob FourchalkRe: Attention wedding videographers
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:11:52 am

Thanks Brent. I figured as much just wanted to see from someone shooting weddings on a consistent basis...

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Attention wedding videographers
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:48:48 pm

Grab it all, man. Treat it like a documentary.

Return to posts index

Rob FourchalkRe: Attention wedding videographers
by on Jul 4, 2011 at 4:08:53 pm

Thanks for your input Grinner. Just shot a wedding and love story on weekend and found that at this stage for me, its much better to capture all. Because the love story is essentially a documentary - this was a no brainer to capture full footage. The wedding - although tons of footage - became much more manageable and organized once capturing the full meal deal (didn't have to go back and re-look at tape footage).

Anyway thanks...

Return to posts index

Michael JohnstonRe: Attention wedding videographers
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 7:00:51 am

I import it all. I usually shoot on Saturday, import, log and create DVD graphics on Sunday, edit the entire wedding on Monday (14 hours of editing), and have the entire project to discmakers for production Tuesday morning. Takes them 3 weeks to get the finished DVD's to me which means the couple have their wedding DVD's within 30 days. If I get backed up, I create the graphics and order blank DVD's and burn them from an image file once they arrive.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved