FORUMS: list search recent posts

one day production insurance coverage

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Robertsonone day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 6:03:21 pm

Apologies in advance for cross posting this question.

I submitted a proposal to supply video production services for a 1 day shoot. To get an idea of scope, it’s a 4 cameras, jib, typical audio etc. It’s a pilot of cooking show, for either web and/or cable broadcast.

Within my proposal I insist that the producer assume complete liability for any accidents or other issues during the shoot. The producer came back and said he did not have insurance, but would acquire it – did I have any idea where he could get this – I’m not sure – a simple Google search doesn’t really show up anything definitive.

Can anyone recommend a firm that can handle one day production insurance coverage? Anything else I should be aware of in this regard?

Many thanks in advance!

RR

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 7:24:04 pm

Liability insurance is cheap. State Farm has it in most states. Around $250 for a year. Nobody is going to give you one day coverage...that I'm aware of.

If you don't have it, you're risking your business.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 8:35:15 pm

He's lucky he's not being asked to put up a bond, or lock up his capital in an escrow account for the duration of the job.

A small production biz I worked for early in my career was partly torpedoed by that requirement: they worked with schools and each school demanded everything sold be put into escrow accounts until final delivery, with a free refund guarantee clause for non-completion, which meant virtually zero cash flow for eight months, no matetr how many sales we racked up.

The schools got their money back out of the escrow accoutns after the restrictions killed off the company, but ironically, without the protection, the company would have had enough money to pay the staff and vendors and actually deliver.

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:56:56 pm

That is why I never deal with public schools. I have dealt with private schools with no problems.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Michael JohnstonRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 7:10:50 am

Shahinian Insurance does single day coverage for about $100. Don't have there number on hand but I use them when insurance is a must. Just got 3 days insurance for $125.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]