FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: Sync 2 video sources to 3 projectors

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew fiaccoRE: Sync 2 video sources to 3 projectors
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:37:53 am

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is software that will allow me to sync 2 video playback devices to 2 different projectors? I am producing a show with a rock concert feel. There will be 3 projector. The 2 on the outside will be linked to one source the and the one in the middle to its own source. I would like to hit play on both sources and just let them run instead of stopping one then started the other. I have built in blackouts into the videos when i want one on or off. Is there any software to make this run smooth? Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: RE: Sync 2 video sources to 3 projectors
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 2:06:53 pm

The way this used to be done was to buy some specific industrial grade DVD players and use a special-built device to lock them together in synch. Bit that is very 20-th century.

Nowadays, the typical ways to do this are to play the video out of linked mpeg players, essentially black boxes with a hard drive and some control software, or you build the presentation into an aftereffects project, and use something like the twin head or "triple head to go" device from Matrox. This lets you split three videos off of one giant sized video, for perfect synch across three screens. It is one of the cheaper ways to go.

Another way to go is to use multiple PC's linked together with AV Stumpfl Wings or similar software. The guys you want to ask about this are the pros in the live/satge COW forum, they cover this about once every two days, so look up previous threads there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved