FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is your favorite business vehicle?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan RollinsWhat is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 1:32:46 am

Howdy! My wife & I are starting to talk about saving up for a new car and we want something that would be affordable and efficient for hauling our gear. We have a DV Crane that is long so we would want something with long storage. We also want something that would be "cool" enough to stick our company on the side of.

Our minivan has been perfect for hauling our gear but it just died and we don't want another minivan.

Anyone have a good affordable suggestion? We like the Dodge Sprinters but they are probably spendy and I like the HHR but not sure if they are that spacious.

Love any suggestions!

Cheers,
Dan Rollins - LiveWireFilms.com
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP 7.0.3 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad Core i7 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:19:38 am

The Honda Element rocks. Tons of room inside.

Your going to need to define "long" though. How many feet does the ting need.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:32:21 pm

Ford sells a Sprinter-like delivery/tradesman van/truck that's highly customizable, and may fit your needs. I think it is less tall than the Sprinter.

Return to posts index

Dan RollinsRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:12:54 pm

Thanks! I have seen the Element and thought it looked cool. I think the crane folds up and is about 7-8 feet long or so.

Anyone know if that "boxy" Scion have functional space?

Cheers,
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP 7.0.3 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad Core i7 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 3:53:36 pm

I've always dug the Magnum. Cool, fun, spacious, and can haul gear, family, and ass.
On the other end of the spectrum, I tore up my thousand dollar bigass van yesterday without hesitation. The shoot called for some off roading and eventually, a little jump. So be it. Sometimes a hooptie freakin rocks.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:18:28 pm

http://www.ford.com/trucks/transitconnect/

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:50:38 pm

I lease my vehicles. 100% tax deductible. I just dumped the SUV to a Prius. I have a crane that barely fits, fold the seats down, it works. I do have another family SUV just in case.

I'm able to fit my gear for 90% of my shoots. Once I started getting 48-52 miles per gallon, it was a no-brainer. You can wrap it with your logos and it still looks cool. Plus you can say you're a green company. The fuel economy, especially with gas prices predicted to reach $4.00 per gallon.

They don't look big, but I have 2 car seats and my wife that fit in the back seat.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Dan RollinsRe: What is your favorite business vehicle?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:56:29 pm

Good information guys! I do like the Magnum, but a used one is still out my price range. I wouldn't have every considered a Prius but you make a good point with rising gas prices Brent. Only the rare shoot would involve the crane so a smaller car may be doable for us. I think I am still stuck on the Element though. I started looking at used ones and they seem to hold their value extremely well, plus you can't go wrong with a Honda!

Very cool stuff. Thanks everyone.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]