FORUMS: list search recent posts

What was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent DunnWhat was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 3:01:13 pm

Filming weddings is pretty straight forward, except when filming culturally diverse weddings such as Buddhist or Indian Weddings.

Catholic Weddings with a full mass, 60 minutes right on the button. Those priests are trained!

But, when using an officiant, the typical ceremony is 25 minutes.

Then you run into uncle Joe or a friend of the family who has never performed a ceremony. My current record of shortest ceremony is 3 1/2 minutes. It actually took longer for the bridal party to walk the isle. I hardly got set when it was over. It was the easiest editing job I've had, and I was paid the same.

What is your shortest ceremony?

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 5:38:11 pm

A Jewish service in a hotel ballroom, about 30 minutes.

Return to posts index

Dave HaynieRe: What was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 8:32:46 pm

Yeah... I shot a Catholic ceremony, back in the days of tape, and got really nervous as that 60min point came along, then passed. But just so.. that's the reason the pro tapes are 63min.

The shortest ceremony was not quite 15 minutes. But the reception/party lasted all night...

-Dave

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: What was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?
by on Feb 10, 2011 at 7:11:57 pm

One of my first weddings was a Buddhist weddings. Started at 8 AM, the monk's chanted for 2 hours, ate, then 2 more hours. Reception went until 2 AM the next day!

Shortage Marriage: The bride actually called her attorney to ask him to get an annulment while on a cruise ship during their honeymoon. Oh well, I was already paid.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Mark LandmanRe: What was your shortest Wedding Ceremony?
by on Feb 21, 2011 at 12:42:53 am

Shortest ceremony: about 3 minutes. It was an outdoor ceremony and started raining just before it got started. The officiant was the bride's uncle and had a very nice ceremony planned - full of stories about the bride and groom when they were little. Instead, after the bridal party made their entrance the ceremony was basically "Do you...take ...to be your wife? Do you...take ... to be your husband? I now pronounce you man and wife - let's get out of the rain.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]