FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best resolution / format ?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfredo SenraBest resolution / format ?
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 5:21:55 am

Film was shot with a Panasonic AG-DVX100B (3CCD). It was tried with 30i and 30p and using 4:3 and 16:9 on a miniDV (Audio is at 48Khz)

Capture and sequence presets are at DV NTSC 48 khz in FCP6.

Using all these, I get bad resolution and you can see the "interlace" (lines) on the edges of things. I am wondering if I need to go out to buy a new camera or if the capture and sequence presets are not optimized for this type of camera. I would tinker more with these options but I need to finish an event that was filmed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Chip ThomeRe: Best resolution / format ?
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 8:05:05 pm

Alfredo... it would help to know what you have the DVX set to for the recording format. Was it Squeeze or 4:3 and did you shoot in 24/25P or in Interlaced?

Return to posts index

Alfredo SenraRe: Best resolution / format ?
by on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:30:28 am

I just realized that the camera did not save the setting. I was trying to shoot 30p. Since it did not save, it shot 60i which is the factory default for the camera. I just found how to save the settings so next time it will be 30p when I go out to test it.

I shot some footage on normal (4:3) and letterbox (16:9). I did not use the Squeeze. But like I said, now I realize I shot everything on 60i (interlaced).

I am not sure how to try to convert that to 30p but I read here that is always much better to use the camera and film 30p than trying to convert it. So I will just wait until I do some test shooting and see how that comes out with the capture and sequence settings I have on FCP6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved