FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Filp MinoHD & Canon HG20 in FCP

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael WestUsing Filp MinoHD & Canon HG20 in FCP
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:00:28 pm

Should I set the HG20 to 30 fps progressive to match the Flip?
It's a small conference here at work and my main concern is continuity when I edit the footage in Final Cut Pro.
I know there will be some differences, but do you think they will be monumental, or only monumental to the trained eye?
I just got tapped to do this for this coming Wednesday, so I'm bordering on desperate for info.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: Using Filp MinoHD & Canon HG20 in FCP
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 10:26:47 pm

You've got a few days till your shoot (way better than a few hours notice!), best bet is to do a few short tests in the room you'll be shooting in, import it and see what it looks like.

My concern would be more the limited functions of the flip - no audio input, auto exposure, auto white balance and auto focus. I'm assuming the flip will be your wide shot, so the wider the better so things like people in the foreground will have less effect on these elements. And the built-in battery is good for 2 hours at best - make sure its charged. I have a flip UltraHD and it seemed to stop recording after an hour of a presentation I was doing. The flip was still on, just not recording. May want to test that too prior to Wednesday.

Jump to the FFP Website

View Steve Kownacki's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Using Filp MinoHD & Canon HG20 in FCP
by on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:05:02 pm

BTW, I have seen side by side tests of the Flip vs. the Kodak version of this camera,the Zi8, and the Kodak is better for the price, plus it has an audio input jack. Doesn't help your immediate problem, I know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved