FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video camera

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david calzadaVideo camera
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:09:11 pm

Que tal amigos

I'ma good student and post-production video, 20 anhos, And pss to earn some money, My brother and I are thinking about recording weddings and take pictures, Good, He is the photographer and me the video...

To our pleasant surprise we have our first wedding, Will be May 29..
I want to ask what model of camera is that I recommend buying?

Something that is HD and be good in low light...I am willing to pay no more than 1500 dlls

For their help graciasss

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Video camera
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:41:05 pm

I always suggest not buying a camera, if you can rent one. You can always afford to rent a better camera than you can buy. This also lets you choose the right camera for each job as it comes, and to get hands-on experience with different makes and models so that when you decide it is time to own one outright, you KNOW what you really need and like.

Also understand that the camera is not the only item a pro needs to shoot weddings. You will need a good tripod, some lights for the reception (most churches will not allow lighting in the church service so your camera needs to work well in low existing light) and every beginner falls down on the job with bad sound: they forget they need a quality wireless mic on the groom to pick up the vows as a bare minumum, and a way to get good sound all around the church for the various parts of the service. They will watch bad video if the sound if good but will turn off great video if the sound is poor.

All that gear is quite an investment. You have to price your service in a way that you actually make back your investment plus a profit, or you are working for less than free; you are losing money on every job.

Buena Suerte.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved