FORUMS: list search recent posts

Start Up Camera

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory LewisStart Up Camera
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 10:11:22 pm

I have been doing a little independent videography for about a year now using a cheap Panasonic PV-GS150 and a I just started working with a Canon HFS11. I am looking to upgrade my PV-GS150 (well simply because it decided it wanted to shut off on me DURING A SHOOT and won't except a charge---fully charged batteries won't turn the camera on anymore as well as the outlet plug). I am looking for a HD camera that I can find for under $2000 preferably $1500. Any suggestions?

Plus I get laughed at when I bring that small camera to events, lol.

Return to posts index

Chip ThomeRe: Start Up Camera
by on Jan 30, 2010 at 1:36:16 am

Panasonic HMC70. Shoulder mount and 3CCD.

Return to posts index

Adam TroupRe: Start Up Camera
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 5:06:30 pm

Have you thought about just renting for a while? You could use much better cameras and save up for something better. I have been renting a sony Z1 and more recently a Z5 and am looking to buy one of their new NX5 avchd cameras soon. I know it is much more preferable to own a camera but unless it paying for itself and you on top is there any point?

Return to posts index

Sebastian AlvarezRe: Start Up Camera
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 1:39:52 am

I got the Panasonic AG-HMC40, which is a little less than $2,000. The HMC70 (an older model, despite the higher number), is probably a decent camera, but it doesn't have a ring to adjust focus, which is always necessary in event videography, unless you're shooting something really simple without movement.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved