FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a Camera

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John QuigleyLooking for a Camera
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 3:49:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a camera, in the sub £3000 range, it needs to have XLR inputs and needs to shoot in 16:9

I've been looking at the DVX-100b, but people have been saying it doesn't shoot in 16:9, which seems a little strange to me as I thought it would.

Thanks, John

Return to posts index

Chip ThomeRe: Looking for a Camera
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:29:41 am

I too am looking at the DVX100B and asked a buddy from Australia who had one his opinion. This is part of what he sent me today:

Hey Chip,
I say go for it. They are awesome cams, probably the best SD cam ever produced.
Low light is amazing, also because they are "B" models, they have 16:9 squeeze mode, which is how all the GS series cams achieved their widescreen pictures.......Just shoot in squeeze mode and you'll get perfect 16:9 footage for web upload or DVD.

I then asked him about a clip from his site, and he said it was shot with his DVX last year. Here's the link:

When I was researching this whole "squeeze mode" discussion, it had me confused and hesitant. To me, it sounds like a poor choice of wording, for what the results are. I am very close to going ahead with my DVX purchase now.

Return to posts index

John QuigleyRe: Looking for a Camera
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:17:46 am

Yes, it confused me too, but thank you so much for the help!

I'll most likely be going ahead with my purchase of the DVX100b now.

John Quigley

Return to posts index

Amy WilliamsonRe: Looking for a Camera
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 12:20:10 am

I have the next step up from the DVXB, the HMC 150. Its HD shoots to inexpensive SD cards. It is barely barely used! Comes with all original accessories except the remote, Plus large long life battery, 32gb premium SDHC card, UV filter, Polarizer, and a Extended Warranty with 2 years left. I am in San Diego Price is $3200

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved