FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning about voice-overs and have some questions

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don KimballLearning about voice-overs and have some questions
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 8:13:17 am

Hi Folks:

First of all I want to apologize if this thread is not the appropriate place for my question. Moderators please let me know if it should go elsewhere and I will put in its proper location.

I am a free-lance videographer who is pretty new to film making. However I have over 30 years of experiences as a 35mm photographer but video is a new game. Now to the point. With good fortune I will release a series of one hour films on Australian parrots in Spring of 2010. I am currently editing over 45 hours of footage. So far it has generated lots of enthusiasm and interest from potential audiences. I am looking for an Australian mature male for voice-over for the film. Unfortunately its the old dilemna: A super modest budget here (still paying for Aussie travel when I was there)but am hoping to attract a professional sounding voice artist.

Perhaps one who shares a passion for Australian wildlife. The end result will be produced and distributed by my budding company Polytelismedia. How do I find someone for voiceovers who is graciously not put off by modest reimbursement for their time. I sincerely would love to have a larger budget for this terrific project but do not.

Thanks very much for helping me any suggestions or feedback you might have.

Don Kimball

Return to posts index

Rick WiseRe: Learning about voice-overs and have some questions
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 11:07:54 pm

You could offer the narrator a percentage of the gross.

Rick Wise
director of photography
San Francisco Bay Area
and part-time instructor lighting and camera
grad school, SF Academy of Art University/Film and Video

Return to posts index

Chip ThomeRe: Learning about voice-overs and have some questions
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 1:57:38 am

From everything I have learned and seen, Audio is at least HALF of what you are creating. Poor audio has ruined more than one production, regardless of what comprised the rest of it.

Although you might not wish to, look at it as "do I want to gamble all my investment in travel, time, footage etc, on a cheapie route for the narration ?"

If you are shooting for "professional quality" labelling for your project, you have to present that in every aspect of your project or risk dooming it to failure.

Return to posts index

Douglas VillalbaRe: Learning about voice-overs and have some questions
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:10:52 pm

Come up with a budget and post it along with the script on
You will receive some samples and you decide who's you like and pay through paypal.
I haven't use them, but a friend uses them all the time.

Douglas Villalba

G5 QUAD 4.5 GB RAM, Decklink HD Extreme, HVX200, FX1, A1 & HV20. Letus Extreme 35 mm adaptor, Rails, GlideCam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved