FORUMS: list search recent posts

short form wedding videos

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bilskishort form wedding videos
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 11:00:44 pm

ok. sorry to even ask such a dumb question but, ive been doing event video for 7 years, 80% bar and bat mitzvahs, 20% weddings (give or take through the years),anyway. we shoot journalistic videos, generally hour and a half 2 hours. well im getting burnt out pretty quick and as i see myself opening my own business i would like to offer short form, i love the cinematic value throughout the entire video as apposed to just in the brides house, pre ceremony, photo shoot and recap. my question is what to do with the reception. now im in the middle of one video where i have just been inserting popular music that i think they would enjoy, but im not sure if i should be putting music from the actual reception. i get the hole inserting of the toasts, vows, everything except for the reception. if you want to see what im talking about and see that im not just some idiot that is trying to learn how to edit here is a link to the video in progress.

please help me. or even just some tips for editing the reception.
thanks. john

Return to posts index

brian mackenzieRe: short form wedding videos
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:17:39 am

what i like to do is pick a slow song and a fast song, mixed in with the bouquet, garter, cake cutting, etc. i use natural audio from the reception only if it's something special. maybe something mixed up by the bridal party or something.

what i have started doing to shorten the length of the receptions is (where appropriate) put the cake cutting and the garter toss at the end, or beginning of one of the dance songs...that seems to work well for me

Unicycling Glidecam Operator

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: short form wedding videos
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:57:37 pm

I would almost never include "popular music that i think they would enjoy". More obscure music that I think they would enjoy - rarely, and mostly only snippets. Either music from the reception or music they have asked for. I used the theme from a movie once (Princess Bride) because the grooms father alluded to the movie in his speech, but I would want a hook before doing something like that.

Just ask for a list of songs they want included on the DVD. Even if I start out hesitant about a using a particular song, it always works out great one way or another.

So far.

Peter Ralph

Return to posts index

Reuben ZuazuaRe: short form wedding videos
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 3:49:12 pm

I wanted to venture in this area but was affraid about the illegal activity of taking a copywritten song adding it to a video and then charging for it. Thats illegal isnt it?

Reuben Zuazua
After Hours Production
graFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved