FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD to DVD settings

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob MarkHD to DVD settings
by on Nov 6, 2009 at 2:06:02 pm

I have been using 1920x1080 30p footage to make a DVD from Vegas. The video looks very soft and the moving titles look funny. I understand that Vegas does not do a good job of rescaling HD to MPEG2 for DVD. Has anyone found a good solution? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim WattRe: HD to DVD settings
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:40:14 pm

We use compressor and have for the last 9 years to convert HD to DVD and it works beautifully. Well enough that a lot of screen manufacturers used our DVD's to demo their screens until Blue Rey and HDDVD came out.

Also if you're ever looking for some neat HD American Stock footage or clips from Africa, India or china stop by our website at

Post if you need any instruction on how to make this work. I use a 6.5 mbs setting, but the default for 90 minutes works fine too.

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Douglas VillalbaRe: HD to DVD settings
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:07:36 pm

It is never going to look as good as HD. The higher the resolution of the TV the worst it is going to look.
The best you can do is stay progresive all the way through.
Offer Blu Ray intead, it has come down in price a lot.

Douglas Villalba

G5 QUAD 4.5 GB RAM, Decklink HD Extreme, HVX200, FX1, A1 & HV20. Letus Extreme 35 mm adaptor, Rails, GlideCam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved