FORUMS: list search recent posts

tapess event video

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Hopper
tapess event video
on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:38:18 am

I am looking for suggestions to do the following

record with out tape multiple 11 minute segments using a tapeless camera in 16x9
load into PC or MAc
no editing
then burn 16x9 dvd

the faster the better

any suggestions of cameras, software and pc or mac

thank you

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: tapess event video
on Aug 19, 2009 at 1:35:01 am

Record directly to a DVD Recorder.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 19, 2009 at 2:20:29 am

And use one with a built-in hard drive as well as DVD-R, record to both at once, then you can burn extra copies from the internal hard drive.

Return to posts index

Lee Hopper
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:34:50 pm

thanks Steve and Mark,
I have nor been able to find a dvd recorder that records in 16x9 format, do you know of one?

Return to posts index

Lee Hopper
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:36:38 pm

I already use a panasonic unit to do just this, but it records in 4x3

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:03:48 pm

To record 16x 9 letterbox inside a 4x3, the regular units will work. To record true full screen 16x9, I'm stumped, I think it would take a stand-alone BluRay recorder.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bonano
on Oct 1, 2009 at 11:40:32 am

I was curious....Are you looking to buy a camera or rent one? If buying a new camera...what's your budget? I shoot tapeless in true 16X9 but it is with a Sony HVR-Z5U with the HVR-MRC1K recording unit attached to the back. This way I just plug in a CF card and go. Panasonic has units that do the same thing with P2 cards, but these kind of cameras are a little more pricey. If you can't afford something like that right now, but you can rent one, that might be the way to go.

Jeff Bonano
http://www.bonanoproductions.com

"I want to have a cool quote at the bottom of my signature, just like everyone else on the cow forum!" -Jeff Bonano

Return to posts index

Lee Hopper
on Oct 1, 2009 at 4:29:13 pm

Hi Jeff,
thank you for your response, I'm lucky, living here in Phoenix I have access to rent a full line up of tapeless cameras.

Here is what I want to do:

Record a 11 minute segment on a card
upload to a computer, add a tittle
NO EDITING
then burn a dvd, I want to do this in 16x9,

I am trying to determine how long the upload and burning of dvd will take.

I am doing 30 of these uplaods in a 12 hour period of time.
I can rent sony, panasonic, JVC and Canon.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bonano
on Oct 2, 2009 at 3:07:35 pm

Well, first it depends on what you've got for a computer and connections. Also what kind of Non Linear Software and DVD Authoring Software you have.

An example of what I do is after recording, I have a card reader on my computer that reads High Speed Compact Flash. I take the card that has my footage and I can either put the CF card in the reader and copy from there, or the Sony MRC1K unit I use also has a device that I can connect to the computer using Firewire which transfers the data faster on my computer. If I've shot in Raw DV then I have to at least render it in something like a mpg2 so that it will play on a DVD.

If it's not too special and I don't have to do much editing, I can get it from camera to DVD from 30-60 minutes provided it's only about 10 minutes tops. I'll still compress the video to an Mpeg-2 file and build the DVD with Encore. You have to keep in mind that your computer has to be strong enough to render faster. And each computer is different in rendering times because of different specs. For me to say how long it will take for you is hard to do because I don't use your computer. Try things out and see what the time frame is with your equipment.

...Lastly, the cheapest and easiest way to get something on a DVD from the camera is to have a DVD recordable Camera. These consumer grade cameras may not provide true 16X9, but it will make it look like it by cutting off some of the picture. If you are pressed for time and money, this is a quick way of doing it since it records directly on to a mini DVD. I for one would not suggest going this route though.

Jeff Bonano
http://www.bonanoproductions.com

"I want to have a cool quote at the bottom of my signature, just like everyone else on the cow forum!" -Jeff Bonano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]