FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wedding Video Headache

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron CadieuxWedding Video Headache
by on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:13:22 am

I have a picky client who is complaining that certain people didn't make it into the wedding video. None of these people were part of the wedding party. Is this my problem? Obviously I try to get as many people in as I can, but I wasn't preped before hand on who was essential outside of the parents of the couple and the wedding party.

Return to posts index

Rick WiseRe: Wedding Video Headache
by on Jun 17, 2009 at 6:47:06 pm

This is one of the many reasons I don't do wedding videos except for free as a favor to a family member. The only solution I can see would be to get copies of still photos of the "missing' people taken by the bride's photographer; scan them into your computer, add some moves and dissolves, and voila!

Rick Wise
director of photography
and custom lighting design
Oakland, CA

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Wedding Video Headache
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 12:03:35 am

What Rick Said.

Also, shoot more b-roll next time, "spray the room" at intervals, just to cover such eventualities, you might leave it off your master but keep it for insurance... If you had arranged for the bride/groom to give you a checklist of special people, you're off the hook for anybody not on their list, but not really, since they expect you to get, well, *everything*.

This is a reason I would always shoot receiving lines as well as try to get a candid few seconds of every reception table early in the evening.

Return to posts index

Aaron CadieuxRe: Wedding Video Headache
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:11:11 pm

Yeah, I did a bunch of room sprays and shot each guest table in the room before the food was served. She must have been up and doing something when I got to her table. I will do the pan and scans.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved