FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James GagnonRecording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 8:18:52 pm

I am trying to set up a system where I would record an athletic game with a SONY Minidv VX 2100 and in real time record to two separate DVD's so that at the conclusion of the game these discs could be given to the opposing team and officials...can anyone help me with what I would need to make this happen?

Return to posts index

Asmund Voll TesdalRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 10:07:14 am

A simple setup would be to just get a video splitter (aka video distibution amplifier or vda) and two dvd recorders, and feed them with video from your cam, going trough the splitter.

Return to posts index

Thax ClaveRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 10:19:51 am

[Asmund Voll Tesdal] "get a video splitter (aka video distibution amplifier or vda) "

This one works great.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103065

Use the "S-Video" for higher quality image.

Return to posts index

James GagnonRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 12:47:17 pm

This is exactly what I'm looking for...I appreciate your help..so if I were to stop and start recording how would the recorder handle this? Would it pause recording?

Return to posts index

Thax ClaveRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 9:11:57 pm

[James Gagnon] "so if I were to stop and start recording how would the recorder handle this? Would it pause recording?"

The camera's start/stop button would NOT control the DVD recorders.

You would need to stop and start the DVD recorder decks
with the controls on the decks themselves or with the decks' remote control(s.)

An assistant would be invaluable to control the DVD decks, on your command,
while you shot the footage with the camera.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 7, 2009 at 12:41:30 pm

When you stop a stand-alone DVD recorder, it takes a little time for it to be ready to start again, and every hard full stop creates a chapter break. If you pause recording on the machine, you don't get that. When the recording is done, you still need to "finalize" the dvd so it will play universally on both computers and DVD players. This step takes more time if you recorded less material. If you only record 15 min. on a DVD in 2-hour mode, it may take 15 minutes to finish finalizing, as the machine scoots along the unburned sections of disk, writing "nope, nothing here, scoot along about 2 minutes" over and over. If the DVD is packed to almost the full 2 hours of capacity, finalizing may only take a couple seconds. but DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, or you'll get angry calls wondering why the DVD won't play for them.

Return to posts index

Christopher KinsmanRe: Recording an Event with a VX2100 to DVD?
by on Jun 7, 2009 at 11:03:48 pm

I've worked with the pioneer dvr320 which has fw inputs. you might be able to daisy chain these fw decks with a fw splitter. It's a little cleaner via fw. I've also used the pioneer dvr220. You might be able to find them on ebay. Best of Luck!
Kind Regards,
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]