FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best music to buy

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John SantoniBest music to buy
by on Apr 25, 2009 at 9:20:53 pm

Hello there-

I know there are tons of cheesy royalty free music companies out there. I'm trying to see who's the best. Do you have any recomendations for the best audio music that you choose for your wedding videos? I need something dramatic and (preferably) with some vocals. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Best music to buy
by on Apr 29, 2009 at 4:49:19 pm

We used to buy a lot of needle drop music but in the past couple years have shifted to mostly loop-based music creation using Apple Garagem Band or more often Sonicfire. Sony's Acid has an incredible back catalog of loops in many styles, and so if you have any musical abuility at all, you can roll your own and get great results.

Digital Juice has a loop-based setup with a large catalog of tracks.

I am a huge fan of Sonicfire, the extra instsant variations and sub-types give you a lot to work with,a dn the supplied clips are great. if you havea fasst internet connection, you can access extra stuff as needed and quickly buy the added material you want a la carte, as easy as using iTunes. the trick to keeping it fresh is that you still need to keep updateing and buying more loops as they come out.

In terms of classic needle-drop music, I always like Music Bakery.
You might also try auditioning clips from sounddogs.

Return to posts index

Mike JeffsRe: Best music to buy
by on May 1, 2009 at 3:57:20 am

We currently are using Killer Tracks which has a excellent selection. we are looking into Non Stop Music as well. Both are a little pricey but i believe worth it.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator

Return to posts index

Tracy PetersonRe: Best music to buy
by on May 6, 2009 at 7:05:43 pm

Studio Cutz works for me.

Tracy Peterson

Return to posts index

Beau BrothertonRe: Best music to buy
by on May 6, 2009 at 10:06:46 pm

Hey Mike,

I just found this post, about how much does Killer Tracks cost on average would you say?

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved