FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bridal Leads

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beau BrothertonBridal Leads
by on Feb 28, 2009 at 1:02:43 am

Hello to all,

I just shot a wedding this past weekend, and the photographer mentioned that they use this company that allows you to buy a lead for a couple of bucks or so. I think they said that you can get all of their info (date, location, budget, etc) then you buy the lead to get their contact info. I emailed the photographers, but they haven't gotten back to me and my curiosity is now quite high. :)

Does anyone know or use anything like this?

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Bridal Leads
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 3:02:57 pm

How does that work for weddings which are suppose dto be one-time events? Wouldn't the lead have been developed from someone who got to that customre first already? Or maybe its just developed from a dress store taking ordes on the dresses. I dunno, I'd be leery of it myself. Weddings are very much a referral-based business. Your happy customers become your sales reps to others.

Return to posts index

Beau BrothertonRe: Bridal Leads
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 5:00:53 pm

Hi Mark, and thanks for your reply.

My main reason for looking for bridal leads is because I have notice that my success comes greatly when I have a "Meet and Greet" with a couple at Starbucks. We are signing 80% of clients that we meet in person and buy them a cup of joe.

Would you or anyone out there know of a way to increase our "Meet and Greet" numbers? We are a younger company and haven't been in a bridal show yet. We are in Houston and the next ones aren't until August (which we are planning on attending) but are focusing on simply increase our numbers of Meet and Greets.

So any thoughts would be AWESOME!! :)

Thanks in advance,

Beau Brotherton
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Bridal Leads
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 5:19:00 pm

SHows are good. I talked about this once before, dig that thread up for more detail, but in brief: Local morning drive radio. Sponsor an hour. More importantly, instead of running radio ads, sponsor events or contests. Example: sponsor a race where the engaged couples have to carry a cake across a room or down a street, the station can cover that and leverage the event as promo. Sponsor a "best wedding stories" contest where people write in to the morning show with a favorite or funny wedding crisis memory. Get in the audience's head and be associated with weddings that way, and when the toopic comes up in their conversations, they will remember your name.

Return to posts index

Elizabeth AllenRe: Bridal Leads
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 4:39:07 pm

allwedding.com uses leads purchased by vendors. You set your "bid" price and then they send you leads that match your price level, style, location, and experience. I just signed up last week and have had three leads. So far I haven't landed anyone, but I've only spent 12 dollars total. I figured I would spend a 100 bucks or so and see if i have any luck.

Hope this helps. I like the idea of the Starbucks meet. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Beau BrothertonRe: Bridal Leads
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 6:54:52 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! :) I knew that there was something out there, really appreciate it!!

Beau Brotherton
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Phil PieraldiRe: Bridal Leads
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:36:43 pm

The site is called "Thumbtack.com" and I have been hired about 15 times by using these leads. The good news is only 5 quotes per lead. It works very well and allows you to post samples and Links to your website. You only pay to submit a quote which is explained in detail. So sign up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]