FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless intercom & video

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom GalliWireless intercom & video
by on Feb 6, 2009 at 8:04:40 pm

Aloha all!

I'm searching for a system to stay in contact with 3 camera people. I'd prefer to go cordless for all the obvious reasons. And, I see 2 realistic options.

First is the Porta-Com AnchorMan-40 system. Retail around $3200. I've not found too many reviews, though, and want to be confident that this is a good system before shelling out 3 grand.

Second is a band-aid, just buying decent walkie-talkies with headsets. Both Motorola and Kenwood have offerings, which end up running $300 - $500 per unit. Purely single-duplex, push-to-talk operation. hardly ideal, but serviceable (I think).

Likewise, I'd like to be able to monitor the 3 cameras remotely. This would mainly be focused on composition, I wouldn't need an engineering quality signal. I trust the camera people to keep the technical side covered, I just want to make sure that all the important elements of the event get taped. What's out there that will let me get a "decent" NTSC SD video signal 300 feet away?

Tom G

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Wireless intercom & video
by on Feb 8, 2009 at 3:45:54 am

For the video stuff, one source is trango.
The more range you want, the more expensive.

Lower budget, try some of the wireless stuff from Supercircuits.

Most people I know of that use FRS radios or cell phones for a wireless intercom have not been overly happy with them, it was a "this or nothing" kind of choice. To get good wireless intercom, you might want to look at rental until you can afford to own.

Return to posts index

Kerry BrownRe: Wireless intercom & video
by on Feb 8, 2009 at 7:01:31 am

Check out the Eartec Series at

Return to posts index

Thax ClaveRe: Wireless intercom & video
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 9:35:19 pm

How about using several cordless telephones with earsets plugged in?

Whole thing could be bought for under a couple hundred dollars.

Return to posts index

dave baumRe: Wireless intercom & video
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:30:03 pm

Did you ever find a solution. I am looking for the exact same things as you were back about 1 year ago?

Communication to 3 camera operators (in loud conditions)
Quality video in 200-300 ft range.
Also looking to get video wireless at about 1000-2000 ft

Fire Up Video

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved