FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless intercom & video

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Galli
Wireless intercom & video
on Feb 6, 2009 at 8:04:40 pm

Aloha all!

I'm searching for a system to stay in contact with 3 camera people. I'd prefer to go cordless for all the obvious reasons. And, I see 2 realistic options.

First is the Porta-Com AnchorMan-40 system. Retail around $3200. I've not found too many reviews, though, and want to be confident that this is a good system before shelling out 3 grand.

Second is a band-aid, just buying decent walkie-talkies with headsets. Both Motorola and Kenwood have offerings, which end up running $300 - $500 per unit. Purely single-duplex, push-to-talk operation. hardly ideal, but serviceable (I think).

Likewise, I'd like to be able to monitor the 3 cameras remotely. This would mainly be focused on composition, I wouldn't need an engineering quality signal. I trust the camera people to keep the technical side covered, I just want to make sure that all the important elements of the event get taped. What's out there that will let me get a "decent" NTSC SD video signal 300 feet away?

Mahalo,
Tom G

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Wireless intercom & video
on Feb 8, 2009 at 3:45:54 am

For the video stuff, one source is trango.
The more range you want, the more expensive.

Lower budget, try some of the wireless stuff from Supercircuits.

Most people I know of that use FRS radios or cell phones for a wireless intercom have not been overly happy with them, it was a "this or nothing" kind of choice. To get good wireless intercom, you might want to look at rental until you can afford to own.

Return to posts index

Kerry Brown
on Feb 8, 2009 at 7:01:31 am

Check out the Eartec Series at http://www.eartec.com/

KB

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Feb 10, 2009 at 9:35:19 pm

How about using several cordless telephones with earsets plugged in?

Whole thing could be bought for under a couple hundred dollars.

Return to posts index

dave baum
on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:30:03 pm

Tom,

Did you ever find a solution. I am looking for the exact same things as you were back about 1 year ago?

Communication to 3 camera operators (in loud conditions)
Quality video in 200-300 ft range.
Also looking to get video wireless at about 1000-2000 ft

Dave
Fire Up Video
baum3@earthlink.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]