FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Video Production Software for Windows

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Schuette
Live Video Production Software for Windows
on Jan 14, 2009 at 4:18:40 pm

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of a Live video production software package for Windows that allows you to monitor and switch between cameras. I looked at the specs for the BoinxTV software and it looks promising and has a good price point, but it is only available for the Mac. Thanks for your help.

-Kurt

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Live Video Production Software for Windows
on Jan 14, 2009 at 4:41:45 pm

There is something like that for Windows, ermember seeing it once, but I can't find it right now. The thing is, even when you find it, you'll find often that your hardware is too limited to get good results.

This is why Newtek Video Toaster or Tricaster or Sony's Anycast are so popular: an optimized package of software and purpose-built hardware that's turn-key.

Return to posts index

Kurt Schuette
on Jan 14, 2009 at 8:49:21 pm

That's true. You would have at least two firewire video streams coming in and one going out. When you add in transitions or any graphics, all in real time, you are going to need some power.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Feb 7, 2009 at 3:37:04 am

There is this app that looks pretty good an complete for non broadcast work. Its called avtake cutfour you can go to avtake.com.

I have tried to find any user but have not found any that would answer me. The app as far as I know is relatively new first version came out last may. the newest just came out and offers color correction,pip and slomo. reading the specs makes me want it cause it offers alpha channel for titles and input of avi while taping. it looks almost like broadcastpix.

making numbers i figure i could make a system with four cameras (song hvx 10000 with a computer an all for much less than anything in the market.

but alas it all sound to good.

R Cardonna

Return to posts index

Kurt Schuette
on Feb 7, 2009 at 7:33:15 am

Thanks for the link. It looks interesting. I might try out the demo.

Return to posts index

MikeVersteeg
on Feb 15, 2009 at 2:16:25 pm

Did you look at VidBlaster?

Return to posts index

Kurt Schuette
on Feb 16, 2009 at 1:15:53 am

The Studio version looks promising. I'll have to keep an eye on that version when it becomes available.

Thanks,
Kurt

Return to posts index

MikeVersteeg
on Feb 16, 2009 at 8:03:24 am

The first beta already is, see the Download forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]