FORUMS: list search recent posts

SteadiShot Pro 6000

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MurraySteadiShot Pro 6000
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 2:41:19 am

Has any one had any experience with Image Wests SteadiShot Pro 6000 Camera Stabilizer? They state that it works just like a SteadiCam at a fracton of the cost.

Anyone?

Michael Murray
Summer Wind Productions

Return to posts index

Matte BlumeRe: SteadiShot Pro 6000
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 11:46:18 am

[Michael Murray] "They state that it works just like a SteadiCam at a fracton of the cost. "

Don't they ALL say that?

Return to posts index

Michael MurrayRe: SteadiShot Pro 6000
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 6:54:11 pm

Probably, I just can't afford Steadicam. Has anyone had any luck with any other brands that are under $3000.00?

Michael Murray
Summer Wind Productions

Return to posts index

Beau BrothertonRe: SteadiShot Pro 6000
by on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:02:03 am

I'm not a steadicam operator, but I am in the same boat as you are. I am looking for a quality rig for a lower price.

What I have found from my research is that it is more depending on how much weight you are planning on flying. By this, what camera do you have. If you are shorting primarily weddings, I assume you use your own cameras and don't use a wide range of cameras.

With this info, you can pick a real Tiffen Steadicam rig to match your camera.

Merlin: up to 5 lbs less than $4000 w/ vest and arm
Pilot: 5 - 10 lbs less than $6000
Flyer LE: 10 - 19 lbs? less than $9000

If you are doing mainly events videography (since you are in the Event forum) I don't see you needing anything bigger than the Flyer. Especially if you are a beginner, you don't want to invest anything more than that.

Although, if you are wanting to freelance as a steadicam operator for my commercial work, you would want to go w/ the Flyer at a minimum. And if you are wanting to be taken series, you want to only work with Steadicam, it is by far the best quality. Everything else is just a knock off of Steadicam.

Good luck and let us know what you go with.

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Rick WiseRe: SteadiShot Pro 6000
by on Oct 15, 2008 at 4:38:49 pm

Actually the complete Merlin is a lot less than $4,000; it's about $2,500 at B&H and probably elsewhere. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/493331-REG/Steadicam__Merlin_Camera_S...

Or, you can go with just the gimbal part for $800, though your forearm will get tired very, very quickly with any camera over 1 lb in weight.

Rick Wise
director of photography
Oakland, CA
http://www.RickWiseDP.com
email: Rick@RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]