FORUMS: list search recent posts

ENG Gadgets Customer Service

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TJ McCormickENG Gadgets Customer Service
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:52:38 pm

I've never bought anything from these guys (ENG Gadgets) before until yesterday. I purchased the Anton-Bauer Stasis Flex shoulder mount and cable. I wanted to find out about their shipping, so I called the 800 number on a Saturday. A woman answered, and I asked her if she was in the office. She said she was out on a golf course, at a charity event.

Her company operates from M-F. However, she answered calls on the weekend, just because she doesn't like calls going to voicemail. She took time out of her off day to speak to me.

She explained her shipping policy very clearly, and was actually a delightful person. She also told me she was one of the owners of the company.

I was really impressed with this customer service experience.

I recently purchased a notched AC cord from a Tampa company, but when I received it, it was not as described. After 20 phone calls going to voice mail DURING BUSINESS HOURS, i just gave up on my $12 purchase. Hearing a real voice, especially someone who actually knows what she is talking about, really impressed me. I'll be sure to let you know how the rest of my order turns out, but for now, I'm pretty sure I'll shop with ENG Gadgets for my future camera gizmo purchases!

from the Flamingo Las Vegas,

TJ McCormick

Return to posts index

Rick WiseRe: ENG Gadgets Customer Service
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 5:39:37 pm

That's great you got such good customer service at ENG gadgets. My own favorite store, where I buy anything I need for film, video, audio, is The one disadvantage: you are dealing with a huge company (relatively) and while I have found all phone conversations helpful as well as detailed information about products on the web, once in a while there's a screw up. Example: I purchased a light and the recommended stand, to discover that the recommended stand was way too light and flimsy for the weight of the light. That sort of mess is rare. In general, they are super accurate, very on-time, and very helpful.

Rick Wise
director of photography
Oakland, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved