FORUMS: list search recent posts

¿Vista Taking Too Much Disk Space?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Felipe Otero
¿Vista Taking Too Much Disk Space?
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:15:23 pm

Hi there:
I edit on a laptop running Premiere CS3, with Vista Home Premium, 1 Gig RAM and 120 MB hard disk. It hiccups once in a while but gets the job done. Mi question is, ¿how much space Vista takes? Apparently it's taking about half the disk's space, leaving me the other half to work with. I do weddings and capture around 3 hours of video, then compress to MPEG for DVD's, which uses more memory. I'm always on the runnig out of memory edge. I've already erased Soundbooth's music library and assorted example files, gaining 6 o 7 gigs. I know I could get an external drive, but first I'd like to know if that's the way thing are, or something is wrong. I'll appreciate the help.
Luis Felipe Otero.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: ¿Vista Taking Too Much Disk Space?
on Aug 5, 2008 at 6:59:52 am

I dont believe that your question belongs on this forum. This is not a windows support forum this is a for um about event videography.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Luis Felipe Otero
on Aug 5, 2008 at 3:36:57 pm

Well, thank you Zane for taking your time for telling me that I'm on the wrong forum. I guess you could have helped me to answer my question or go about your business and let someone else do it. If someone else needs help, I'll help him, no matter if the question is in the wrong forum. By the way, for those who have the same problem, in whatever forum, I myself solved the problem. I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the operating system and all the programs I work with, gaining about 45 Gigs.
Luis Felipe Otero.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Aug 5, 2008 at 4:10:03 pm

Please do not take offense that I suggested you post the question on a better forum. I would have attempted to answer it but i know NOTHING about windows. THe best help I could be to you was to point you to a windows forum where people could actually be off help.

[Luis Felipe Otero] "I guess you could have helped me to answer my question or go about your business and let someone else do it. "

I was just trying to help by pointing you to a more useful place. You seem offended that I would say to you that the question does not belong here, again the ONLY reason I said that is because I knew that you would NOT find help on this forum. And so agin the ONLY way I could be helpful to you was to point you to a forum where people could be off help.

Please don't jump to the conclusion that I did not want to help. The only way I could help is to point you to a forum more directly related to your issue.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Luis Felipe Otero
on Aug 5, 2008 at 4:41:53 pm

Okey Zane, no problem. Thanks.
Luis Felipe Otero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]