FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Wedding Videos

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Moore
Editing Wedding Videos
on Jun 17, 2008 at 11:07:03 pm

I am a self-taught video editor in much need of new skills and approaches to producing creative and innovative approaches to wedding videos. I'm done with the slow-paced, cross-dissolves and melodramatic typical approach. bring on some sweet new tools or secrets! help!

Laura K. Moore
Juxtapose Media

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Editing Wedding Videos
on Jun 18, 2008 at 1:48:00 pm

Just be careful that when exercising your creative muse, you don't go so far that you upset the clients. Wedding videos have a number of tropes and cliche's in them for a reason; it's what the customer wants and expects.

If the happy couple are of the same mind as you and agree they want something more innovative and non-traditional, that's great. But be sure to understand and manage the customer's expectations, or you may wind up re-doing everything and losing money and time.

Return to posts index

Laura Moore
on Jun 19, 2008 at 7:42:35 pm

excellent insight. will be a good directive when further discussing the final product with clients. thank you for the inisght!

Laura K. Moore
Juxtapose Media

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jun 19, 2008 at 6:55:56 pm

[Laura Moore] "I am a self-taught video editor in much need of new skills and approaches to producing creative and innovative approaches to wedding videos"

[Laura Moore] "sweet new tools or secrets! help"

Most editors will keep there secrets a secret for a reason, to keep the edge there own.

My best suggestion is to go see what other wedding videographers in your area are offering, wedding and bridal shows are a good place to start. Watch there demo videos that they are showing and make note of what they do and things that you think could make the demo better or stand out more. You then go and do those things you think may make it better or stand out more.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Jun 20, 2008 at 4:21:40 am

Hi Laura,

Have you tried anything with Super8/8mm film yet? The last few years, its look and style have seemed to come back in style again. You can get film/developing/telecine from Pro8mm, or you can telecine it yourself with a projector and a decent CCD camera.

Film is relatively expensive (compared to DV tapes), so you have to be very judicious with what you use it for. The bride walking down the aisle, kiss, the flower girl, etc. It forces you to look for the good shots. Now that I'm used to shooting for Super8, I'll shoot with a regular camera and effect it in post if I want the look. But the look, grain, feel, and glitches of film might give you some fun new visual material to work with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]