FORUMS: list search recent posts

Release form

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent AdamsRelease form
by on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:19:26 am

Hello all,

First off, I searched the COW for this but can't find anything that directly suits my needs.
I am the media director for a small upcoming youth camp. I will be filming the speakers and campers throughout the week and will be selling highlight DVDs of the week's activities. My question is do I need everyone to sign some kind of waiver for me to be able to sell the DVDs?

Thanks in advance,

Brent Adams

Return to posts index

Matte BlumeRe: Release form
by on Apr 27, 2008 at 11:45:06 am

[Brent Adams] " do I need everyone to sign some kind of waiver for me to be able to sell the DVDs."

To be safe, yes.

Return to posts index

George BurbanoRe: Release form
by on May 5, 2008 at 1:27:46 am

Shooting without a model release is like, walking around with a sign that says, "Sue Me.."

People may not necessary object to being shot, or appearing on a video, but the minute you sell it or you make money, they will want some also..

You mentioned "Youth Camp" even more potential trouble...You should be presenting this model release to the parents or guardians. Advise them that their child may appear in a video, and that the video will be distributed and available for purchase. Give them a free DVD or discounted, where their child appears, in return for the model release signed. If they dont sign it, then just make sure you dont include their child in it.

The easiest thing to do , is gather a few kids ahead of time, and speak to their parents, get the releases and just include them.. Just a thought..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved