FORUMS: list search recent posts

Communication System

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Williams
Communication System
on Apr 22, 2008 at 11:29:37 am

Hi all,
I videotape live events and send those camera feeds live to screen at the same time.
I'm looking for a headset system for camera communication. I need to direct up to three remote camera from a base position. The range would be up to 300ft. I've goggled headset systems but I keep coming up with hand held walkie talkies. In the past I've had the client get the house wired system, but I'd like to explore owning my own wireless system. Help would be greatly appreciated.
J. Williams

Return to posts index

George Burbano
Re: Communication System
on Apr 22, 2008 at 12:17:32 pm

Hi,

The portacom and eartec systems are pretty good. I use the eartec system since it was relatively cheap, and I never need to go more than 100ft.. shooting events. The eartec system is full duplex between 2 people, and you can add more that can listen but not talk back. The portacom is full duplex I think up to 4 people.You can get an eartec for less than 800.00 but the portacom I think is over $3000.00

I think the portacom system has more range and more features, but if it is costly..

The wired systems work best, are more reliable and clear, but of course use wires..

Hope that helps.

George

Return to posts index

James Williams
on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:25:15 pm

Thanks George,
Thats just the input I need to get started.I'll check into both of those systems. By the way what are some wired systems. I may have to look into wired because all the venues I have worked at lay the wire. Again Thanks.
J. Williams

Return to posts index

George Burbano
on Apr 23, 2008 at 6:31:44 pm

Procomm has both wired and wireless systems..Depending on the run, some need additional items check out procomm website or B&H they are currently closed due to passover, but their website has info on the items, just search for pro-video-intercom systems..

George

Return to posts index

James Williams
on Apr 25, 2008 at 7:40:01 pm

George,
Based on some info I got from the Broadcast forum, what would be the downside of using cellphones with headsets. I found regular headsets with boom mic and wired adapter at Radio Shack. My wife and I have same cell plan so there is no minute charges. Three way calling is no extra in my plan. I know there is something wrong with this but I haven't thought of it yet. Maybe interference in the building or something. Talk and battery time on my phone is five hours. Go ahead tell me whats wrong...but be gentle.
J. Williams

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
on Apr 27, 2008 at 11:47:12 am

Cellphones play havoc with video and audio gear when used in close proximity to the gear.

Cordless home phones should be fine.

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
on May 11, 2008 at 6:34:05 pm

We use the Eartec system at every event and it works really well for us. Although they are full duplexing for 2 users with additional listen only remote packs, each user can full duplex as long as only 1 remote pack is talking at a time. This works fairly well until 1 remote leaves their 'talk' on. But you can tell when someone is trying to talk to the master pack, and in that case I just tell everyone to check their packs.

I am looking to upgrade to a full duplex system but again, those are up in the $3000 range. Portacom and Telex are the 2 brands I'm looking at.

Anyone know of a cheaper way to go 4-way full duplexing??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]