FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advertising as a Wedding Videographer

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt GiancarloAdvertising as a Wedding Videographer
by on Feb 5, 2008 at 8:01:40 pm

Hi, I am a 19 year old wedding videographer. This is only my second yeah shooting weddings, and would like to get a lot more this year, as supposed to a very slow year last year (as expected of course) I shoot on a JVC HD100 in DV format. I was wondering if I can get some advertising advice. In a perfect world, I would want to shoot a wedding every weekend, but I doubt that will happen. I would like the closest possible schedule to that though. I had a table at a Wedding Expo a few weeks ago, and if I get a couple of calls from there, I will visit some more in the area. How else do I end up getting a steady amount of clients?

Return to posts index

Steve LuxRe: Advertising as a Wedding Videographer
by on Feb 6, 2008 at 11:32:31 pm

Best advice I can give is treat every Bride as if they were the most important client you ever had. Referrals in this business are HUGE. Been shooting weddings for 5 seasons now and the business has grown steadily. It is all about referrals. Another important thing to do is network with photographers, DJs, coordinators and venues. They can all potentially refer work your way.

One other thing to consider. . . My first season, I offered my services for pretty cheap, just to get my name out there/pick up experience. A lot of those weddings turned into referral business for other brides down the road.

Hope this helped!

Return to posts index

Miodrag RisticRe: Advertising as a Wedding Videographer
by on Feb 17, 2008 at 1:30:40 am

Firstly, good luck, it's a great business to be in.
Can be a bit stressful (as you might have already noticed) but very rewarding at the end.

EXPOs - To expect a proper response, an expo has to be prepared properly.
If it was your first expo, then you probably got a room for improvement.
Research web for sites that tell you how to prepare for an Expo, they are usually busines
development sort of sites.
For us was very helpful the fact that we started in corporate video first, and we've had our expo strategy polished already.
Briefly, good demo playing on a decent size TV (hire if you don't have a good one).
Print material for the expo; business cards (not home made) , brochures, price list etc.
Talk to them on the expo.
Finally, prepare a demo DVD to give them, or ask them register and them post the demo DVD
with thank you.
Always follow up!

There are other venues of advertising (better to say marketing), and heaps of that is available for research on the internet.
Study your competitors as well, or business in other regions or states for that matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved