FORUMS: list search recent posts

too much red tint

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
B&R Video
too much red tint
on Oct 31, 2007 at 1:25:27 am

Hi guys, I started filming weddings for almost a year now. I haven't had any training, I'm learning as I go. I've been editing video for about 8 years, starting with studio 8, 9, 10 and now I'm using avid liquid 7.2 pro. I could really use some help with my lighting issues. The last wedding I filmed, one camera was on stage, under the main lighting and it had a strong red tint in the entire video. Never had that happen. I've noticed that I'm getting more red tint in the faces on the rest of my cameras. Can anyone make a guess what I'm doing wrong to get all this red. And can anyone suggest some educational tools to help me with lighting, exposure, and white balance issues. Thanks, Bob

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: too much red tint
on Nov 2, 2007 at 9:37:33 am

What kind of cameras are you using?

- Don

Return to posts index

B&R Video
on Nov 2, 2007 at 11:10:03 am

I'm using 3 sony vx2100 camera's.

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Nov 5, 2007 at 3:43:39 pm

The 2100's have a manual white balance. It takes less than a minute. In the church and then again in the reception hall, lay a piece of white paper on a chair, fill the screen with the white paper, switch to manual white ballance and press the "bow tie" icon. Switch back to auto for outdoor shots.
Color cast is probably the easiest thing to correct in post with a good NLE like Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

B&R Video
on Nov 6, 2007 at 1:24:47 am

Thank you, I'll give it a try. Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]