FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Camera Advice

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
quicksilver8907
New Camera Advice
on Sep 21, 2007 at 4:31:02 am

Hello Everyone
Well I just graduated high school and want to pursue a career in filmmaking, ie editing, motion graphics and camerawork. I am looking into getting my first camcorder, although I have used many in the past. I would use it to film some short films and possibly some weddings. I would prefer a somewhat larger camera, something like the pd170 or a little smaller, but I dont really like the consumer size so much, although it might be all I can afford. My budget is around $1000, possibly a little more. I need a mic input and it needs to be minidv? Possibly HDD but I have heard problems about editing with the HDD cameras. It could be HD but it doesn't need to be. Let me know what camera I should get...Thanks and by the way I would prefer to buy it new...so keep that in mind. Thanks again

Also, Is there any real advantage to having a larger camera, besides the fact that it looks more professional???

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: New Camera Advice
on Sep 21, 2007 at 2:48:34 pm

[quicksilver8907] "I would prefer a somewhat larger camera, something like the pd170 or a little smaller, but I dont really like the consumer size so much, although it might be all I can afford. My budget is around $1000"

Well you are not going to find anything that size, for $1000. especially with XLR mic inputs.

Nobody says that you must own one. Lets face it you are not going to be using it all the time, so why not rent one when you need it.

And because you just graduated from high school, I am honestly going to say focus on school. You can also always use the school cameras.

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: New Camera Advice
on Sep 21, 2007 at 2:52:00 pm

quicksilver8907, you just asked the same question last week and were given plenty of great advice.

Making another post in hopes of getting a different answer, because you may not have liked the ones you were given, is not a good Idea.

You are just going to have to face it that you will not find what you want for what you can spend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]