FORUMS: list search recent posts

What should I get??

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
quicksilver8907What should I get??
by on Sep 15, 2007 at 3:55:25 am

I don't know what camera to get... I cannot afford more than 1,000 dollars. I want something with mic inputs and I prefer to get something that is the size of pd150, I like the larger cameras. What camera could I get that is about that size with a mic input for under 1000?????? Thanks

Return to posts index

zrb123Re: What should I get??
by on Sep 15, 2007 at 4:29:27 am

[quicksilver8907] "What camera could I get that is about that size with a mic input for under 1000??????"

If you are talking about XLR mic inputs, you will not find a camera with those for under 1000. I also do not think you will find one in the size you want for that price. The only cameras I have seen under 1000 are all soccer mom cameras that are small.

You may be able to find something that is used in your price range, but probably not anything new.

Also remember that you will need an additional battery or two for your camera. By the time you add that on there is no way you will find anything with what you want for under 1000.

Return to posts index

quicksilver8907Re: What should I get??
by on Sep 15, 2007 at 4:59:27 am

What cameras would you suggest that I should be able to find used with mic inputs??? I just want to be able to use wireless mics

Return to posts index

zrb123Re: What should I get??
by on Sep 15, 2007 at 5:40:33 am

Well you could use a camera with a mini jack input, that will cut the cost some, but you should really plan on 3000-5000 for a decent camera.

I use a FX1 and occasionally use wireless mics and connect them to the mini jack input on the camera. XLR inputs would be nice though, but I seldom need critical audio when I record.

Return to posts index

Colin McQRe: What should I get??
by on Sep 16, 2007 at 3:53:33 am

I think I have a Hi-8 camera buried in a closet somewhere i'd let go for under a grand :-P

bigger than a PD-150 too!

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver BC

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: What should I get??
by on Sep 16, 2007 at 5:55:44 am

[Colin McQ] "I think I have a Hi-8 camera buried in a closet somewhere i'd let go for under a grand :-P
"

Why.........that's what I said.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/59/856482

- Don

Return to posts index

Colin McQRe: What should I get??
by on Sep 16, 2007 at 4:22:36 pm

LOL.. Must be something in the water up north here has us thinking alike....

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver BC

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: What should I get??
by on Sep 17, 2007 at 3:32:33 am

You might be able to find a USED Sony PD100 for about $1000. It has XLR inputs and native 16:9 chips but they're small . . . poor low light performance so you'd need a camera light for weddings.

Return to posts index

quicksilver8907Re: What should I get??
by on Sep 18, 2007 at 3:57:16 am

I can get a gl1 for 600 bucks or I can get a pd170 for 900...Which one would you guys suggest... I am leaning toward the sony, but it as 390 hours on it. Is that too much? Should I have them inspected before I decide and purchase. Let me know asap. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]