FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivering in HD DVD?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas HughesDelivering in HD DVD?
by on Aug 27, 2007 at 12:37:36 pm

Is anyone delivering in HD DVD, and if yes, how are you going about it? What burners, etc? Also, Do they always play successfully on the client's HD DVD player? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

frank RohmerRe: Delivering in HD DVD?
by on Sep 4, 2007 at 3:12:44 pm

I've been burning HD-DVD content on a standard DVD-5 for over a year now. The final result is "HD-DVD" however it's not burned onto a HD-DVD disc it's burned onto a standard DVD. Huh? you might ask. Well DVD Studio Pro V 3 & 4 have been allowing us to do this for quite some time now. Yes it's True HD-DVD content onto a standard DVD disc. Here's how it' works.

First, of course I shoot in HDV, 1080i. Then I edit in HDV, 1080i. Then I author in HD using DVD Studo Pro V4. When I burn the disc, DVD Studio Pro formats the disc as a HD-DVD disc then it burns the HD-DVD content onto the disc as a HD-DVD. I know it sounds strange but it really works! I've conducted several tests on Toshiba HD-DVD players model # HD-A20 and other HD-DVD players and it always reads the disc and displays the content in true HD-DVD resolution. One of the key components is to get the right HD-DVD player. I've been using the Toshiba HD-DVD players purchased from COSTCO. $400.

This HD-DVD player will analize any disc when inserted and it'll tell you what type of disc you've put in. I'll get the exact same reading on the the discs that I burn compared to an actual HD-DVD disc (King Kong HD and Die Another Day HD) purchased from COSTCO.

The discs that i burn will also work in newer Apple computers too.

Be careful though... The discs that I've been burning don't work in all HD-DVD players.
I've tested LG's dual Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players and it didn't work in that unit.
The good news is that Toshiba introduced 3 HD-DVD players that are below the $500 mark.
You could almost include one of them as a gift to your customers...

The bad news is that I can only get about 20 minutes on a DVD-5 and roughly 40 minutes onto a DVD-9.

I'm still trying to get my hands on an external HD-DVD recorder. Stay tunned!
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved