FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ok...this must be the slow season right?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jd
Ok...this must be the slow season right?
by
on Jul 11, 2007 at 7:00:55 pm

Hello,
This year I started videotaping weddings. I have filmed 4 and delivered 2 to happy clients succesfully so far.
Earlier in the year between January and April I was receiving many leads of interested couples for my service. As of late the leads have slowed down quite a bit.
The last wedding I filmed was an Indian wedding and I was speaking to the photographer, from NYC who said this time of year does get slow.
My question is , Is this time of year slow for acquiring business in wedding video?

Thank you,
jd

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Ok...this must be the slow season right?
on Jul 12, 2007 at 5:47:24 am

[jd] "My question is , Is this time of year slow for acquiring business in wedding video? "

It can be, because many people want a summer wedding. The summer has come and they have finished their wedding plans for the most part. But on the other hand it can be the busy time for shooting weddings.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 12, 2007 at 3:00:49 pm

This perhaps is the time of year you try to market Annniversary edits.

"I'll take your wedding video footage and turn it into an extravaganza!" Re-edit existing footage, add-in updates since the ceremony, turn it into a real documentary, with them being the stars.

Return to posts index

MindYourVideoBusiness
on Jul 18, 2007 at 2:07:53 am

Most brides have already hired their wedding videographers for the summer. However, keep marketing because there will be a handful of fall and winter weddings that you'll want to be considered for. The important thing to remember is to continue marketing your services no matter what time of year it is. When I was in the wedding video business a few years ago, I found that I booked most of my summer weddings for the next year in the fall and winter. You never know when a bride to be will want to go ahead and secure a videographer so it's your job to make sure you are top of mind when they are ready to make that decision.

Also, a way to get through the slow times is to find other video services you can provide using your current skill set. Good luck!

Kris

Kristopher G. Simmons

Video Business Coach

http://MindYourVideoBusiness.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Serrano
on Jul 22, 2007 at 3:49:55 am

jd, here in the Sonora-AZ border is really slow this time of the year....
so it happens.... but then fall and winter come once again...

good luck

Hello from Mexico....

Return to posts index

mctiller
on Aug 3, 2007 at 9:35:05 pm

Part of the issue here is that you said this is your first year shooting weddings. I agree with the previous poster that weddings need to be booked a year in advance at times. In future years this may not be a slow session for you.

But here in Virginia it gets too hot for brides to have an outside wedding from the middle of July to Mid-August. So there are ups and downs.

But yours maybe simply due to the fact that you haven't been on the market that long.

Good Luck!
Martin

MCT Images Blog

Return to posts index

merfmanboogieman
on Aug 10, 2007 at 1:28:05 am

This year was slower as far as advanced bookings I am seeing my services being booked 3-6 months out from the date. This year 4 weddings in June and nothing in July. Last year 5 weddings in July and non in June? Go figure

I am a FCP 6.0 user G-5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]