FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bridal Shows

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beb850Bridal Shows
by on Jul 8, 2007 at 7:09:33 pm

I have a question about Bridal Shows. I am trying to jump start my videography business. I have shot two weddings and I am currently editing them both and will soon after work on my demo reel.

I was wondering what the specifics of getting into a Bridal Show for the Houston, Texas market. Even if you guys and gals aren't in this market I would be glad to know what your market is going for. Specifics I was thinking about are: How to find the Shows, Booth set up, Price, and any extra tips that you might have found helpful.

Thank you for your responses. I am really excited about starting this business and am ready to go at it "full steam ahead".

P.S. How can I get a couple more weddings under my belt, offering free Ceremony video?

Return to posts index

Kerry BrownRe: Bridal Shows
by on Jul 8, 2007 at 7:32:31 pm

Check this out. Just the info you need.

Return to posts index

saulsxRe: Bridal Shows
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 8:24:35 pm

There are quite a few directories, like, that list upcoming bridal shows/expos. You could probably Google bridal shows houston tx to see what comes up.

I'm in the southeast GA/SC area & have only attended one bridal show in Atlanta. The booth reservation was $200 & the show sponsor provided a table, chairs & signage. I brought a monitor & a DVD player, along with copies of a preview video & a full wedding DVD to show brides that were coming in. I made sure to have plenty of business cards available, a couple of small signs that had info about our wedding packages & prices, & a planner to write down brides' contact info & wedding dates.

This show was small, in a conference room at a hotel, & since there weren't that many attendees, I was able to spend more time asking questions & telling them about our services. It was a good experience, but I didn't book any weddings from it. Half the people there seemed to be price shopping, & the other half seemed to be there for the freebies (every vendor was required to hand out a door prize).

If you attend a bridal show & there's a wedding consultant there, I would suggest talking to them. It's a good idea to network with other vendors - if they know about your business & like you, they'd probably refer your services to someone they're working with. You could possibly book some more weddings if you offer some kind of deal, like a free ceremony video or a discount if they book during a particular month. Getting the word out about your business is going to be the key thing.

Return to posts index

merfmanboogiemanRe: Bridal Shows
by on Aug 10, 2007 at 1:22:40 am

All I can say is I hate them with a passion. BUT we need to do them it seems like every nine months there are a new batch of them. Look at the or a wedding convention group.
I am in minneapolis and I belong to 2 wedding guilds I do one show a year it cost with membership and booth 1600.00 dollars add about 200 dollars for handing DVD's out
another 200.00 for literature. I end up with 5-10 weddings from them.
This is what I do I have a DVD playingwith sound and have head phone if they want to take the time. I hand out the DVD's and ask them to register for free and tell them they will recieve up to 10 DVD's of the finished product. Great way to give them as Christmas gifts?
Just add something to get them to write the address. Have a convention Special and have it expire two weeks after the show. At least you'll know they are interested. Give them a contract to fill out at home. Meet with them at their house. Once at the house talk about what they want, then after your done switch it to more personal information, just talk and forget about the contract. Create an image that your human and your life. Once your ready to go just tell them I will hold your date for one week without a contract, then you have to open it up to bidders. I have a 97% signing of contracts. I have been in the business since 1992 I walked away from 3 home and didn't sign them. I do 15-20 weddings per year.

I am a FCP 6.0 user G-5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved