FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to capture video w/ TV WONDER VE card?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomasdenetoHow to capture video w/ TV WONDER VE card?
by on Jul 3, 2007 at 3:28:22 am

I installed the ATI TV WONDER VE (2003) capture card in the PCI card slot of my computer (Dell Inspiron 1100 running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP2) and also installed the software via their CD. The card shows up on my Device Manager so its there and the software is also there as the Launchpad is displayed (TV, VCD, CD, PLAYER, LIBRARY)-and they all come on screen when I click and they work. I was wondering how I can capture video from my Sony 8mm camcorder? I plug in the camcorder into the video/audio in to the capture card and click on Connector icon and change to Composite after clicking TV and nothing happens. I checked the website and the user guide and nothing. I also installed the drivers from the website and still nothing. I click on TV and click SETUP and can't find anything and I click ONE TOUCH RECORD and it records but from tv tuner which I don't have on my computer(Tv is not hooked up to computer). The guide says if you're computer doesn't have tv tuner then VIDEO IN should be displayed on the launchpad instead of TV, but as far as I know there's no Tv tuner on my computer, but TV is displayed not VIDEO IN. I also downloaded the drivers twice and got version 9.6 the second time(verses version 7.9 which is the original version I have). I clicked on the 9.6 version launchpad and got error messages so I deleted the drivers and now have the original 7.9 installed. Any help would be great as I am doing a video doc by myself and need to get footage into the computer to edit (and no I can't afford to take it to an editing house). Thanks again.:D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved