FORUMS: list search recent posts

When Capturing a Wedding

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MerfmanboogiemanWhen Capturing a Wedding
by on Jun 25, 2007 at 9:41:42 am

I have video taped this genre' for 8 years. I do interview the guest at the reception. I like to wait till they have some liquid courage in them. Just two weeks ago I started to ask the people more about them first, then asked them last any well wishes and marriage advice. This approach seemed to deliver more deeper messages. Don't get me wrong I love a drunken idiot on camera it gives us a lot of comedy time once we are in post.

Any tip you do.

I am a FCP 6.0 user G-5

Return to posts index

beb850Re: When Capturing a Wedding
by on Jun 26, 2007 at 1:47:03 am

Just shot my first wedding this past weekend. The second half was much more interesting than the first for interviews. Slurred and sloppy aunts are hilarious.

I just posted on the forum on a different issue of On Camera Lights for the reception. Let me know if you have any advise.

Return to posts index

KeyDesignzRe: When Capturing a Wedding
by on Jul 3, 2007 at 5:23:10 am

I shoot that a lot, but what I do is grab either the best man (or chief bridesmaid/matron of honour, or the MC) and go around with the mic and get them to ask the people. They get more out of them that way, otherwise it is too difficult to work the camera and the people at the same time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved