FORUMS: list search recent posts

1400 person event projector?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magic i1400 person event projector?
by on May 10, 2007 at 5:00:44 pm

I'm thinking of going with this unit for our larger events.
Does anyone have a better option for displaying video/grphics to 1400+ people?
Thank you,

Return to posts index

mmfarmsRe: 1400 person event projector?
by on May 10, 2007 at 5:24:09 pm

What size screen are you looking to fill? This is only 4500al

Return to posts index

Magic iRe: 1400 person event projector?
by on May 11, 2007 at 3:24:17 pm

The screens vary but this event the screen size will be 9'x12'

Return to posts index

AlexHuber69Re: 1400 person event projector?
by on May 13, 2007 at 3:28:54 pm

Hmmm that just seems like a super SUPER tiny screen for a venue big enough to accommocate that many people. I've been to events that utilized screens about that size with, say 300-400 people, but even then there were usually multiple screens (say, 4, one in each room corner). I would think that one screen that size in as big a room as you will need will look like a postage stamp... but then again I don't know any details, maybe the screen and its content are an extremely minor part of whatever your event is.

Before learning your screen size I was thinking that the only projector that would be good enough for a room big enough for that many people would be one of the really big Christie projectors that are used in movie theaters (but of course those are tens of thousands of dollars). But then inerestingly enough the EIKI project you linked to is also badged as the Christie LX450. If Christie is willing to put their name on it, it's probably pretty darn good, at least resolution-wise. However, according to its specs it is not very bright.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved