FORUMS: list search recent posts

Failed to deliver a project on time

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milan Bajic
Failed to deliver a project on time
on May 6, 2007 at 5:28:38 pm

I have been working for 6 years in video production in event and corporate video and last week i failed to deliver a project on time to one of my favorite and most valuable clients. They held an event and that video needed to be a major thing and i just couldnt deliver it because i wasnt able to export it out from software. Have you had some kind of that experience.

Greetings
Milan

Return to posts index

Tom
Re: Failed to deliver a project on time
by
on May 6, 2007 at 9:51:25 pm

Just wondering what you are looking for ? an answer? an excuse ? are we to feel sorry for you ? I am not trying to be mean or anything here, but move on, its done, its passed. If you told the truth move on and don't harp on it.

Best wishes

Tom

Return to posts index

Milan Bajic
on May 6, 2007 at 9:59:47 pm

even i was not sure. but definitelly not some uuuu we feel sorry for you. it is just experience i havent had before and is not same thing as you now " failed to deliver pizza on time" and was just interested if somebody had something like that and maybe what were the consequences.

Return to posts index

zrb123
on May 7, 2007 at 1:58:09 am

[Milan Bajic] "i just couldnt deliver it because i wasnt able to export it out from software"

Were you trying to make a DVD sometimes the best and easiest way to make a DVD is to play it straight from the timeline and record it with a standalone DVD recorder.

Like the other person said nobody here knows what it is you are looking for. If you are looking for how you can prevent it from happening in the future then give us a little more info so we can more fully help.

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on May 7, 2007 at 6:12:52 pm

I don't think Milan is asking for help, he's merely asking if anyone else has failed to meet their delivery and what you did about it. Did you deliver late? Xtra things? How did you make good with your most valuable client? Did you call and ask for more time?

I think he's just asking for conversation -- if it's ever happened to you, how did you handle it?

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

maxrez
on May 8, 2007 at 3:02:40 am

Milan,

I know letting down your client is a bummer. I would have offered to give this project to them gratis. it's a hard lesson, but you need to do everything to deliver next time. Let this be a lesson you can grow from. Have back-up plans, like the stand-alone DVD or other measures. your reputation depends on delivering.

Steve

Return to posts index

Milan Bajic
on May 8, 2007 at 7:01:07 am

This is a kind of answer that i was looking for. Does anybody has any deffined procedures for preventing it to happenned. I had a standalone dvd rec but it just didnt wanted to play it out from a timeline. How do you measure a complexity of project and does it correlates with protection procedures and backup plans you make. ex. you work 1 week on project than you have to have it finished 24 hours before delivery to be sure everything works, if you work 3 weeks it has to be finished 72 hours before etc. Because i want to take most of this failure i have written to a forum to a fellow colleagus because this way i can get sharp answers.
tnx

Return to posts index

Matte
on May 11, 2007 at 11:56:31 am

We can all GUESS at what happened for weeks and still miss answering your question.

Please tell us:

1) The name of your software (I really find it odd that you specifically DIDN'T.)

2) What EXACTLY it did not do that caused you to not deliver.

3) Whom you called (or emailed) for help when it stopped working.

4) How the client reacted to the lack of performance.

The penalty for missing a deadline can run from,
"Oh well, better luck next time," to "that's the last time we trust you," to "see you in court, better get a good lawyer!"

Without the SPECIFICS of your situation, we can only speculate.

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI
on Jun 13, 2007 at 5:09:01 am

I know it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]