FORUMS: list search recent posts

nNovia QuickCapture - Urgently Need Help with Media Files

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
limelitenNovia QuickCapture - Urgently Need Help with Media Files
by on May 4, 2007 at 9:42:15 pm

Hi all,

I don't usually post the same question in two different forums but due to the time constraints I'm currently under I am posting this both in the FCP forum and this forum (my apologies to the moderators - I'm hoping to discover an answer within 17 hours).

I'm in a bit of a bind and I'm hoping that someone who has experience with the nNovia QuickCapture direct to disk dv devices can help (I am using a 40GB model at my workplace - unfortunately no one really knows how it works and the manual and web site don't seem to answer these two issues).

1.) We capture footage and then "make media files" with it (QuickTime .mov). We flip it to hard drive mode, it shows up and we copy the files. Unfortunately once copied the files are locked. Each one has a little lock on the icon, and although we can play them back we can't delete any. Anyone have a clue how we could solve this?

2.) The videos we capture all have a timecode in the upper left hand corner embedded in the video picture. We've seen some videos others before-my-time had made with this device and they do not have the timecode. We've checked the manual and FAQ on the web site, adjusted the two timecode related options in the menu settings but nothing has resolved the issue. Does anyone know how to capture and copy the files without this embedded timecode display?

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help. It's hoping against hope but we wanted to use this for an event tomorrow morning (about 17 hours from now). We always have tapes to fall back on, but I'd love to get this solved before then if possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved