FORUMS: list search recent posts

how good is the XL2 for social events???

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Serranohow good is the XL2 for social events???
by on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:53:05 am

just thinking on getting one for weddings mostly, but thinking on doing some other stuff besides social events...

what do you think on this camera?

was thinking myself on a HDV but really is a new market and I will be doing regular DVDs, so I think is an overkill just to jump on it because of a trend right now...

will HDV yield better DVDs than the XL2 will?

please give your comments...

thanks

Hello from Mexico....

Return to posts index

tomRe: how good is the XL2 for social events???
by on Apr 28, 2007 at 2:18:51 pm

Dan, Please don't take my reply the wrong way, but YOU need to go test these cameras yourself and don't depend on everyone elses opinion here. We all have different likes , dislikes and shooting styles. Go to a good dealer and test drive the cameras. peopel will argue all day and tell you why you must get this or that , almost sometimes like it is a cult or something. You must remember one thing, there is never the best of anything, cameras, lights , editing systems. They all will get the job done. YOU must find what works for you.

Wish you the best in your quest

Best regards
Tom

Return to posts index

StevenGRe: how good is the XL2 for social events???
by on May 2, 2007 at 7:06:24 pm

Daniel,

Tom is absolutely correct! Check out the camera for yourself. I, for one, love the XL2, but it's not the greatest camera for shooting weddings and/or social events (in my opinion) because it doesn't have a very low lux doesn't and doesn't do very well in low light. As far as HDV goes, that's a whole nother discussion and if you search this forum you will find several opinions as to the pros and cons with HDV. I would advise you to do so.

Steven Gladney

Sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain view.

Return to posts index

Daniel SerranoRe: how good is the XL2 for social events???
by on May 7, 2007 at 5:26:02 am

ok.. thanks for your opinion.

guess Im sticking with my VX2100 for some more time, as I get to try this other cameras...

Hello from Mexico....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]