FORUMS: list search recent posts

Release form for video production event...

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi_TwerskyRelease form for video production event...
by on Mar 21, 2007 at 12:47:46 am

I am starting a video production company. I read about all different kinds of forms that can and should (sometimes must) be used with customers, like a release form, a form that exempts you from absolute obligation of capturing every shot that was agreed upon (in case you screw up), and others kinds of forms...

Where can I find of list of forms for private event video producers to use? (If not the forms themselves, at least a list of the reccomended form we should be using)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

MatteRe: Release form for video production event...
by on Mar 21, 2007 at 3:23:13 am

Google: "production release form."

There are plenty.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Release form for video production event...
by on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:47:46 pm

I don't think a release form is what Zvi is looking for. Those are used to get permission from the person being filmed to use his or her image. For event video, they are almost never used.

Zvi, what you want is called "errors and omissions coverage". It's a type of insurance used in the film industry to cover your tail in case the client sues you for leaving out something important.

But even E&O insurance is almost never used (or needed) by event videographers. Most of us just have a clause in our contract that states we can't guarantee that any specific shot(s) will get recorded.

Do your search on "sample wedding video contract" instead. You can also find links to sample contracts in a number of wedding and event video forums. As I recall, EventDV magazine published a sample contract a year or so back, too.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

Zvi_TwerskyRe: Release form for video production event...
by on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:41:51 am

Yes Doug, that's what I was looking for.

Thank you also for your other reply in that other issue of the $7000. I responded to that too. You are a big help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]