FORUMS: list search recent posts

What computer system are you using for Video Editing?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TLDESIGNSTUDIO
What computer system are you using for Video Editing?
on Mar 4, 2007 at 10:48:44 pm

Just curious what computer system you guys are all using. IE Specs, PC/Mac?, for video editing.

Return to posts index

StevenG
Re: What computer system are you using for Video Editing?
on Mar 5, 2007 at 12:41:27 am

Using Apple Final Cut Studio 5.1.1 on a Power Mac G5 2.0 Dual Core System and 2.5 Gigs of Ram.

Steven

Sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain view.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Mar 5, 2007 at 1:48:45 am

Final Cut Pro 5.1.4
Power Mac G5 2.0 Dual Chip
4.5 Gigs of Ram

+ Intel Core Duo iMac with Final Cut connected over gigabit ethernet (no local video storage)

Return to posts index

pixel_pilot
on Mar 5, 2007 at 2:31:21 pm

Jeff,

I am very experienced in both Mac and PC. I use Mac at work and PC at home. I purchased a Dell Precision 690 for my home unit because at the time I purchased it Adobe had not yet announced it was going to make the Adobe Video production Bundle for Mac. I am a firm believer in the Adobe video production bundle. I like FCP however, the full integration of all the softwares in the adobe bundle make the work flow seamless and I do my own motion graphics and audio editng. I realize their is the FCP bundle but After effects is an essential and motion can't compete with it. I would prefer to have a Mac now that they are coming out with the adobe bundle for both and some day will go to Mac.

I would get the new Mac Pro specs would be as listed below

proccessor
2 2.66 GHZ Dual intel

Memory
4GB

Internal Hard drive
I always default to 500 gigs even if I have plenty of external drive space.

Graphics Card
4 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB

I hope this was helpfull Jeff.

Return to posts index

pixel_pilot
on Mar 5, 2007 at 2:42:01 pm

Jeff,

My apoligies, I am new to using the cow forums. I thought I had responded to the original inquiry.

Return to posts index

pixel_pilot
on Mar 5, 2007 at 2:38:27 pm

I am very experienced in both Mac and PC. I use Mac at work and PC at home. I purchased a Dell Precision 690 for my home unit because at the time I purchased it Adobe had not yet announced it was going to make the Adobe Video production Bundle for Mac. I am a firm believer in the Adobe video production bundle. I like FCP however, the full integration of all the softwares in the adobe bundle make the work flow seamless and I do my own motion graphics and audio editng. I realize their is the FCP bundle but After effects is an essential and motion can't compete with it. I would prefer to have a Mac now that they are coming out with the adobe bundle for both and some day will go to Mac.

I would get the new Mac Pro specs would be as listed below

proccessor
2 2.66 GHZ Dual intel

Memory
4GB

Internal Hard drive
I always default to 500 gigs even if I have plenty of external drive space.

Graphics Card
4 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB

Hope this was helpfull

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
on Mar 5, 2007 at 8:14:30 pm

Homebuilt PC here, running an Athlon 64fx 4800+, 2GB RAM, two SATA hard drives (one for system and application software, one for data), plus a 1.2 terabyte RAID 0 array of four SATA drives. M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card, two Dell 24" LCD monitors.

I run Windows XP, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Liquid Edition, Photoshop CS, Sound Forge, Acid, and LightWave 3D on this system.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

TLDESIGNSTUDIO
on Mar 6, 2007 at 2:28:03 am

thanks guys for posting!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]