FORUMS: list search recent posts

What about Wedding Videos

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cut-SpliceWhat about Wedding Videos
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:30:51 pm

I see several companies offering to make DVD's of weddings using the Bride/Groom's CHOICE of music. Is this legal?

Return to posts index

ThaxRe: What about Wedding Videos
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 3:07:41 pm

[Cut-Splice] "
I see several companies offering to make DVD's of weddings using the Bride/Groom's CHOICE of music. Is this legal?"

Well, no it isn't.

Do they usually get by with it?
Yes.

I would feel its not wise to "advertise" this practice, but they do that, too.

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: What about Wedding Videos
by on Jan 13, 2007 at 3:22:39 pm

Some additional comments -

Some argue it's "personal" use but you're getting paid to use the music.

Note if you download a song from iTunes you can use it in iMovie but not Final Cut Pro. Interesting part of that particular license.

And I've always felt posting such clips on the web compounds the problem. You're no longer just handing it to the couple (and whoever they distribute it to). You're posting on the web for the general public. You're advertising that you will use copyrighted music and accept payment for it.

It's a risk not worth taking. You can cross the street millions of times while the light's red without issue. You only need to get hit by a car once to be killed.

I use Smart Sound. There's other great libraries though.

I've always found brides understanding when I explain the copyright issue. Ironically I found the corporate jobs much more difficult where producers INSIST that a given scene be got to a pop tune or movie soundtrack.

Return to posts index

Kerry BrownRe: What about Wedding Videos
by on Jan 14, 2007 at 3:24:48 am

Check out "Zoom" It's a licensing company for Weddings and other non broadcast programs.
http://www.zoomlicense.com/

KB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]