FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ideas for someone who's done a lot?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
Ideas for someone who's done a lot?
on Nov 16, 2006 at 11:28:10 pm

Hi All,

Wondering what idea's people have for video work for a elderly birthday party?

They went ALL OUT about 5 years ago, so they're looking for something different?
No Video montage
No Video toasts
They also did a book that EVERYONE added poems, letters, writings, etc so they don't want anything like that either.
Maybe I'm not that creative, but I'm running out of idea?

Any thoughts?

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
Re: Ideas for someone who's done a lot?
on Nov 17, 2006 at 3:19:05 pm

Stripper-in-a-Cake?

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI
on Nov 17, 2006 at 4:51:45 pm

Maybe on-camera interviews with friends, caretakers and family members. You could use photos, scanned greeting cards, wedding certificate, etc. as cutaways/b-roll to cover the diced up the bites you use. Also, I find that a great soundtrack with several cuts adds a lot of emotion/impact.

Bruce

Bruce Bennett,
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC - http://www.bmmp.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 17, 2006 at 8:10:22 pm

Is the birthday boy or girl able to participate in making this, or are they supposed to be surprised by this and not see it until that day of the party?

If they can play along with you in advance, you could have some fun doing a Zelig/Forrest Gump thing: shoot the geezer in various poses with different outfits on and cleverly composite him into existing scenes from movies or history or whatever to make a fake documentary. One time we made this going-away video for an office person, like "this is your life", only it was done as a gag, so all the "rememberances" were made-up and satirical. We used everything from puppets to stock footage to re-create his "story".

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
on Nov 17, 2006 at 9:40:05 pm

Hi Guys,
Doug - very funny- I can taping him having a heart attack
Bruce - great ideas- unfortunately that's kind of what I was pitching, but they think it's too close to what they did last time.
Mark - great - possible...a lot of post work!!!

Anyway, what I was getting at is I'm kind of hand-tie with ideas that they already haven't done.

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]