FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard drive recording or other options

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitewater
Hard drive recording or other options
on Nov 13, 2006 at 9:49:09 pm

Lately I've been doing a lot of work doing Continuing Law Education videos for our local Bar Association. This videos are extremely easy to shoot and edit, but are still time consuming because of the amount of time it takes to bring everything back into post. I've been contemplating various different ways to speed up this process...cutting the video live day of would cut out time in post, so I'm probably going to move into that direction. The other thing would be recording directly to hard drive RTE, but right now I'm not liking the options I'm seeing with the available hard drives both price and capacity wise. For example the shoot this weekend had ten hours worth of video, and the largest RTE hard drive video I found over a quick search held 8.

Any suggestions or comments about this are definitely appreciated.

Thanks...
H2O

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
Re: Hard drive recording or other options
on Nov 15, 2006 at 3:56:39 pm

You could use Serious Magic's DV Rack software and an on-site computer. DV Rack allows direct-to-computer disk capture from your camera. If you use Canon cameras, they have an optional software package that allows this, as well.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
on Nov 15, 2006 at 3:58:10 pm

And another option...Sony Vegas allows capture direct from a camera.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on Nov 25, 2006 at 3:13:19 am

Premiere Pro also allows direct from camera shooting. Saves me tons of time dumping over later,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]