FORUMS: list search recent posts

WARNING!!! Stamps.com WATCH OUT!!!

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Von Lanken
WARNING!!! Stamps.com WATCH OUT!!!
on Oct 31, 2006 at 11:47:26 pm

If you receive a phone call from Stamps.com be very cautious. We signed up for a monthly fee of $15.99 which included a scale to weigh our postage. Low and behold we have a charge for 191.88. They decided to go ahead and charge us for a whole year and not the $15.99 pre month that the salesman stated on the phone.

After spending way too much time on the phone trying to correct this problem, this was the result. They assigned an account to us and they will not refund the $191.88, even though we never accessed the account. The reason we did not access the account is we did not receive the log in info to access the account. Stamps.com said once an account is assigned they cannot refund any money.

So after the customer service rep telling me that Trisha is a liar I gave him a choice. He could refund my money, or I will tell everyone I know about my experience, so here I am.

STAMPS.COM TOOK $191.88 FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS NOT PROVIDED AND REFUSED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM!

All My Best,
Mark Von Lanken
Picture This Productions, Inc.
http://www.TulsaWeddingFilms.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: WARNING!!! Stamps.com WATCH OUT!!!
on Nov 1, 2006 at 3:56:03 pm

I don't know why anybody would mess with a private service when you can get stamps or metered mail done online thru USPS. Anybody else doing the same for you would have to charge some kind of mark-up, so I don't see how they could be pricing less than USPS. And USPS doesn't need you to sink a large advance amount into some account. You can also now buy postage using paypal. My wife uses this when shipping out stuff she sells on ebay. I haven't watched closely how she does it, but she makes a paypal payment and she gets back a file that prints out as a complete shipping label with the proper codes and everything. So she doesn't have to even go to the post office, the regular carrier picks it up on the daily run, as long as it is not really bulky or heavy.

Return to posts index

Mark Von Lanken
on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:30:34 pm

Hi Mark,

Normally my wife doesn't give phone solictors the time of day, but, we do a lot of shipping and as she thought about it, it made sense to try it out.

Since I have posted this I have received several messages of the horror stories of dealing with stamps.com. Well I guess I'm not the only one they have tried to rip off.

Thanks for the advice on dealing directly with the USPS. I think we will give that a try.

By the way, I may have asked this before, but I noticed you are from Central IL. I spent the first 18 years of my life in a little town 15 miles west of Decatur. Where in Central IL are you?

Mark Von Lanken
Picture This Productions, Inc
http://www.TulsaWeddingfilms.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 2, 2006 at 10:10:50 pm

I've been working the same job out of Springfield for over 20 years now, part of the state government's AV department. When the wind is wrong, you can smell Decatur from here:-)
(The ADM plant distills a lot of corn there)

Return to posts index

cdolan369
on Nov 3, 2006 at 1:14:23 pm

Hopefully you paid by credit card, right? I'd advise writing a formal complaint to your CC company and copy the BBB. Your CC company will likely go to bat for you and reverse the charges if you can document deceptive sales tactics. Print out any online material which offer a specific cost, or anything you can show that suggests a certain promise. Let them battle it out. I've had a number of bad experiences like yours and the CC company always wins. As a matter of fact, one company I reported to my CC was investigated by the Department of Justice.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Mark Von Lanken
Re: WARNING!!! Stamps.com WATCH OUT!!! Update
on Nov 8, 2006 at 11:50:00 pm

Stamps.com refunded the $191.88, but only after a lot of resistance. The money should never have been taken from us in the first place and if they would have only refunded the money from the beginning it would have saved so much trouble.

Mark Von Lanken
Picture This Productions, Inc
http://www.TulsaWeddingfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]