FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Camera Suggestions

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PRgraphistPro Camera Suggestions
by on Oct 20, 2006 at 6:52:42 pm

I plan to buy a Pro camera, but I have a tight budget for this. somebody have a suggestion for a good pro camcorder under $2,300. I was use to make events and weddings videos and maybe music videos ect..

Return to posts index

Art Z AngelRe: Pro Camera Suggestions
by on Oct 22, 2006 at 4:34:48 am

I hope you realize how that sounds... a PRO camera under $2300?

In any event, for starters you could look at a Sony 2100. If you move up to XLR inputs you could look at the Sony 170 (or add something like a Beachtek adapter to the 2100) and the 250 uses full size DVCam tapes. After that, it's the Panny HVX200 hands down. Of course one of those with hard drive is about $7,000. Other than the Panny, I would stay with Sony: excellent in low light situations. Also keep in mind that the camera is only a small part of the equation. You will need decent microphones, tripods with fluid heads, back up and so on.

Mike

Return to posts index

PRgraphistRe: Pro Camera Suggestions
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 3:00:49 am

I found the panasonic AG-DVX100B for 1,499, this cam camera looks greate, brand new With 1 year Warranty. this price is for the cam only, but they offer a few package that the most expensive is 2,299. In my opinion for that price is a good deal, what do you think??

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden LivingstonRe: Pro Camera Suggestions
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 10:09:08 am

I think at that price you are about to be scammed. The going rate for a US camera with $350 Rebate, Panasonic warranty, DVX Book, Magic Bullet and Instant HD is around, $3200. Anything less than that you will a gray market piece.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, AG-DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2006 at 5:21:19 pm

I thinks also, when i see that, but the web site appear to be a serius one, have a lot of security certification and those things, have a phone # to contact, but not a email. I dont know if a can put the site here, so I dont do it. But if anyone give a email I can send it.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Pro Camera Suggestions
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 9:00:03 pm

1. If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is.
2. Check out the record of online merchants before you buy, at http://www.resellerratings.com.
3. Deal with a reputable firm, like B&H or Armato's or DV Warehouse.

The DVX-100B is a good cam for what you're planning, and so is the Sony VX-2100. If you want a big, shoulder-mounted camcorder with a pro "look" to it, find a clean used JVC GY-DV-100U. They can be found within your budget.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2006 at 10:42:47 pm

I found the sony VX-2100 for 1,725 with 2 year extended warranty on NiwaCity.com anybody know this site, a good reputable seller??

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2006 at 1:24:00 pm

They have zero feedback on Reseller Ratings...no track record at all. I'd be very cautious.

Besides, any outfit that bundles anything, including an extended warranty, with the camera is generally NOT offering you the best deal.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2006 at 3:33:28 pm

Here's a link to a used PD-150 within your budget. The videographer selling it is a reputable colleague.

http://www.videouniversity.com/forums/gforum.cgi?post=326286;sb=post_latest...

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

mich_albaNiwacity = fraud, scammers, rip-off artists
by on Oct 31, 2006 at 5:08:48 pm

Niwacity.com / Niwa Electronics is a fraudulent business.

I spent $1300 on a camera that never arrived from Niwa. When I tried to email them for a tracking number or ANYTHING (since it supposedly shipped 10/23), I received no response.

They *seemed* so respectable and thorough BEFORE I made payment, their email responses were always quick and plentiful. But once I paid, I could not get a hold of them. If you call Niwa's phone number from their Contact Us page (888) 882.6492, you'll hear "Thank you for calling. Goodbye." before it hangs up. If you call the phone number under their web registration (714) 276-0355, it's also a recorded message that hangs up. (http://whois.domaintools.com/niwacity.com)

I made payment through the only method Niwa accepted, e-gold (a non-refundable e-currency, pretty much like cash)--and I learned too late that Niwa's e-gold accounts were just currently blocked...which apparently only happens through court order. I am in the process of finding legal counsel but my money is completely lost.

I detail my experience further here: http://gessoteric.com/niwacity-fraud

Since then, I tried to call the Orange police department to see if they could help in any way. I mean, if these scammers are actually there (which I doubt), it seems like just checking it out would help to start shutting them down. But the officer told me that since I live in Chicago, I have to file a report here. (this perplexes me since internet fraud can happen to anyone/anywhere. What if I said I lived in California?)

And when I called my police department, they told me that I can't file a police report since it's technically not a crime yet--it could be a civil case, wherein I have to get a lawyer. I am filling out mail-in consumer complaint forms to the State Attorney General which I was told would take 3-4 weeks to even review. Meanwhile, these Niwa scammers are still taking people's money. It's so quick to be taken advantage of and pretty impossible and incredibly slow to get help in just trying to thwart criminals from doing further harm.

My one concern now is that niwacity.com not be able to take advantage of others and am trying all I can to get the word out so that other potential victims can be spared. This has been quite a hard lesson for me. If I had done this exhaustive research BEFOREHAND I could have saved myself, but now hopefully I'm helping someone else.

The lesson: If it seems too good to be true, it is probably a complete lie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]