FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire titler

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kippard_snaxFirewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:52:27 am

I am shooting an event video with a DV camera, recording to DVR decks and want to add some titles here and there on the fly. Any good, affordable (basic, cheap) hardware w/ firewire in and out, solutions?

Return to posts index

MatteRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 12:04:39 pm

I haven't used THIS particular CG, but I have another version from this company.

The fonts look very good for the price.

http://www.filmmakers.com/store/video/camcorder/info/vdvifwdvcg.htm

There are built-in dissolves and other transitions so it can operate self-contained without a video swithcer.

Return to posts index

kippard_snaxRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 1:12:55 pm

That's the doobie, I wish it were more affordable. Any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe there is a way to mix on the camera itself. Thanks.

Return to posts index

MatteRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 2:05:36 pm

Mix "on the camera itself"?

How the heck would THAT work?

I'm amazed that there's even one CG with decent-looking fonts, effects, and a full-sized keyboard -AND FIREWIRE- for anywhere NEAR $1600.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:22:31 pm

This isn't basic or cheap (well, it's cheap in comparison to what it does), but it's what you need for live event production:

http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:31:35 pm

There are consumer DV camcorders from Sony I believe that let you load in or precompose a title and super it in-camera. Heck, they had this feature on some VHS camcordes in the '80s, with multiple pages and everything. The one font in two sizes was horrible, about like the fonts in pong, but you could get it in several colors (same ones as the color bars). Back then it was pop-on pop-off or scroll, no fades on the titles. Did I mention we all wore onions on our belts back then? Damn, I feel old.

Channel storm Livechannel is a $1k program you run on a mac laptop, lets you switch and run effects plus do supers with a CG or with precomposed CGs built in photoshop if you want to get fancy. B&H sells a DV switcher with firewire from Edirol for just under a grand, you could feed that with graphics off of a Tape, DVD, or laptop and key them live.

Return to posts index

kippard_snaxRe: Firewire titler
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 4:34:07 pm

I need to see what the camera can do on it's own. I don't need anything fancy at all. I guess I was thinking it'd be nice if I could mix another video source with the camera shot, as with an audio mix, silly. Great stuff, thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]