FORUMS: list search recent posts

slideshow/baby pics

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eggoheadslideshow/baby pics
by on Jul 12, 2006 at 2:26:25 pm

I've been spending a lot of time on my photomontages in my wedding videos,
using FCP. I'm wondering if there is a photo program that I can get for free for
Mac that does the montages automatically when you place your pictures in it.
I think they call them slideshows in these photo programs, but I rarely do anything
with a digital still camera, so I don't mess around with that stuff too much.

Is there anything I can use?

Thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: slideshow/baby pics
by on Jul 12, 2006 at 4:46:55 pm

Well, iphoto on your mac will do an automatic slide show with fades and slight DVE pushes, even set it to a music track from your itunes or another file on the computer. I believe it renders out to a quicktime MOV. That's as easy to set up as loading all the scans into one file, numbering the photos to make them appear in the order you want, hit a few buttons, done. Now, that won't vary the timing or anything, the interval, whatever length you tell it to hold each shot, will be the same between all the shots. It is very simple, but fast. And you should be able to drag that into idvd and burn a DVD of the show simply that way too.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: slideshow/baby pics
by on Jul 12, 2006 at 7:41:32 pm

If FCP works at all like Premiere and other NLEs, you should be able to place markers to the beat of your music bed, then auto-assemble a bin of pictures to fit between the markers. Then all that's required is a little minor tweaking.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

zrb123Re: slideshow/baby pics
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 4:48:16 pm

I agree with the person who suggested iPhoto its vary easy but also vary little control. iMovie gives you a little more control, and that would also let you do a HDV slideshow if you are shooting and editing in HDV

Return to posts index

maxrezRe: slideshow/baby pics
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 7:02:35 pm

If you are proficient in After Effects then you can control the moves and render a nicer looking show for your clients.

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: slideshow/baby pics
by on Sep 3, 2006 at 9:16:26 pm

Photoshop Elements 4.0 actually has a pretty decent auto slideshow maker. It works very similarly to iPhoto but after you apply the automatic moves (iPhoto calls them "Ken Burns Effects") You can then edit the start and end points.

iPhoto works pretty well, but if you use the automatic moves there's a tendency for it to zoom in on the wrong area of the picture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved