FORUMS: list search recent posts

camera recommendations (2nd / 3rd)

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wayne grauelcamera recommendations (2nd / 3rd)
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:26:03 pm

Greetings,

I shoot with a dsr390 due to liking "real cameras" and the exceptional low light performance down to .4 lux at 38db but i never go over 18DB so I guess I'm at a 1 lux sensitivity with a fantastic picture in near dark situations. Camera sensitivity is 2000lux @ F13! (good thing they include 2 ND filters!)

OK... here's the real question...

I have (or did have) a little Pnasonic Ez-30 that I used for B-roll and other things that one uses a small camera for - until the camera suffered a significant amount of "gravity effect" on a concrete floor... basically the lens pretty much seperated from the camera but after a number of years of use... oh well... we;ll see what the repair bill will be..

Anyway,

Has anyone used this camera in comparison to something like the DCR VX 2100 (all things being equal with inputs...)

I am concerend about low light picture quality and if anyone has comparisons to the dsr 390 (or similar camera) I'd be curious.

Thanks
Wayne

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: camera recommendations (2nd / 3rd)
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:43:53 pm

The VX2100 has a 1 lux sensitivity. It will be a much better match to your DSR390 than the little Panny. The main difference will be in image sharpness, due to the bigger camera's better optics.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

MatteRe: camera recommendations (2nd / 3rd)
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 2:10:23 pm

[Doug Graham] "The VX2100 has a 1 lux sensitivity. It will be a much better match to your DSR390 than the little Panny. The main difference will be in image sharpness, due to the bigger camera's better optics."

Ditto to all.

We have done shoots with multiple cameras, where one was a DSR390, one was a PD150 (virtual twin to the VX2100/VX2000) and one was a little Sony PD100.

When we cut between them (we had proper lighting) there was so little difference that nobody (outside the crew) ever even commented.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]